3520 options, Cab or no?

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #21  
Brahmus said:
Oh, FYI, I demo'd a 3520 this weekend, I put about 11 hours on her and i'm in love. Now it was an open station which has me wondering, will the weight of the cab make much of an operational difference?

I don't see the weight being a a difference. But coming from an open station to a cab, your sight and view of objects is different. I used to stand up to see things if needed. I could look over the rear tire to see what Ai was driving in, and I see to have a better view of the loader. I do not know why I feel like the loader is so blocked.

To me, the glass was something to get used to. The curvature of the glass and the refection sometimes get me. Even backing up was different when i first got the cab.

But, I would never give up the cab, and after 20 minutes I was used to it.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #22  
Brahmus said:
Oh, FYI, I demo'd a 3520 this weekend, I put about 11 hours on her and i'm in love. Now it was an open station which has me wondering, will the weight of the cab make much of an operational difference?

I think it makes a difference.... the cab models are what...500 lbs heavier with most of that weight being the cab itself...

/ 3520 options, Cab or no?
It's south LA, the biggest "hill" I have is when the dump truck drops me a load of dirt!!! Haha! Seriously, Everything around here is flat, but I do have a slight slope as the property goes back towards the lake, but for the most part tipping shouldn't be an issue. I may consider flipping the wheels/tires though. I did think this one was awfully narrow!!!

I feel your pain about jumping off and on alot, but I think that has been a way of life with the older tractors I've grown up driving. I plan to get all the accessories to make that job easier, faster and reduce on/off trips. Of the times I can think of getting off/on, I would probably have a friend, my father or the wife there helping anyway. Atleast I can use the excuse, "Dear, you will just sit in the tractor with the A/C on and I'll hook you up!" That should go well.. haha

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #24  
JasonMac said:
People can say what they want about "I love being in the Outdoors" etc. etc... I say Bull----! I like being in my cab when it is too hot, too wet, too cold, or during a blizzard... nothing like a cab.
yeah, I was using various OS units since 1994 and went for a Cab as soon as I could! but since you got riding mowers there you go, just like me. I have a riding mower and the Cab tractor and so when I want some wind in my hair, i get on the riding mower or open the Cab's rear window and ride in reverse!:rolleyes:

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #25  
nmu98 said:
I don't see the weight being a a difference. But coming from an open station to a cab, your sight and view of objects is different. I used to stand up to see things if needed. I could look over the rear tire to see what Ai was driving in, and I see to have a better view of the loader. I do not know why I feel like the loader is so blocked.

To me, the glass was something to get used to. The curvature of the glass and the refection sometimes get me. Even backing up was different when i first got the cab.

But, I would never give up the cab, and after 20 minutes I was used to it.

The cab does seem to make the unit feel more "tippy" at first. i even went sofar as to try to make it more stable and here is a thread discussing my adventures on my former 4310 and the new 3520

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...spacers-5.html

However the more I get used to it with the Turf specials the more I like it and the more stable it becomes.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #26  
Charlesaf3 said:
I'm about the biggest proponent of "no cab" out there. Which is to say, there are some situations where you don't need the cab, or more importantly, its actually a hindrance. (I climb on and off my tractor dozens of times an hour, the cab would be annoying)

But they aren't many. In southern louisiana, I'd get a cab without thinking twice.

One for use in the winter where you are and even 3 hours south of you would be good too. I wished I had a cab when I lived in the area whne it snowed.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #27  
Brahmus said:
Anyone know?

You won't want to make a habit of removing a door. Leave it open it you must, but I worry about vibration breaking them or catching them on something.

Also, it is not some plastic door. Not sure what they weight, but it has to be in excess of 100lbs easy.

You will figure it out.

D.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #28  
you can take it off but then you have to eventually puit it back and it seems that it will require some adjustments to close properly