3650P HST with 3h and broken HST?

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #11  
5 years and 3 hours? That machine has been out of service for a significant period of time, so someone either knows there is a big transmission issue or that they can't get parts for it... or both.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST?
Spoke to Mahindra and their dealers. A full HST runs about $8k and it in stock in the US, so that good.
It sounds to me that this tractor was sold directly from Mahinda at auction a few years back (I send a reply to try to clarify this).
If it was the linkage like MtnViewRanch suggested. I am wondering why nobody fixed it yet. Never done that, but sounds a lot simpler that the HST itself. It remains a mystery.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #13  
Spoke to Mahindra and their dealers. A full HST runs about $8k and it in stock in the US, so that good.
It sounds to me that this tractor was sold directly from Mahinda at auction a few years back (I send a reply to try to clarify this).
If it was the linkage like MtnViewRanch suggested. I am wondering why nobody fixed it yet. Never done that, but sounds a lot simpler that the HST itself. It remains a mystery.
This tractor was a take back .
It could have been sold by a Mahindra dealership that went out of business before a fix was established. Mahindra would take back the stock of said dealership and then ply the tractor at auction.
Someone may have purchased this tractor at auction to simply flip the tractor to make a few bucks knowing they would not take the time to fix it Or even find out why it was out of commission.
The 3500/3600 series Mahindras will never be a 40k item in any tractor vernacular. Fixed up it may be a 20 to 25 k item. This line was discontinued several years ago and did not hold a great reputation. It was a very nice size tractor however being not too big or small.
Try and get as much info as possible before pulling the trigger on this.

Last edited:
   / 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST?
That's great insight @arrow. I think you are on the money there. I will know more by the weekend and keep you all posted.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #15  
I have a Massey 1758 and had hydro issues. Had the rep out several times and finally did oil samples. Changed to Chevron full synthetic from Dino and no issues since.

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #16  
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy a 2019 3650 HST Cab model. It has only 3h on it, and is described with "needing HST". It seems to me that the transmission would have to have been broken from the factory at those hours. Its 3h away, so I wanted to get some of your expert opinion here to it this is a worthy buy and what the max number would be. It runs great, PTO works, loader works. But does not move. I just sent a email to Mahindra about the warranty. I almost expect that the tractor may have been sold by them at auction or something originally which may have voided the warranty. Its just a bit odd... basically a brand new tractor, but why has nobody fixed it yet?

Other questions I wonder about:
1. Can I get a replacement trans? At what cost?
2. What else could it be?
3. I know its gonna be a major job, but how major are we talking? (I have a backhoe and a 40hp tractor to assist me in repairs. :D )

Thanks in advance for any advice. I realize this is a tricky one to get help with, but if anyone can help, it's you all. :)
I am a bit puzzled, if the PTO works, how can the tranny be trashed. Then again, does the PTO work under load or just spin around?

/ 3650P HST with 3h and broken HST? #17  
I am a bit puzzled, if the PTO works, how can the tranny be trashed. Then again, does the PTO work under load or just spin around?
I'm not aware of any current tractor that uses a transmission driven pto.