3720 Vertical Exhaust??

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #21  
So how did it do in getting rid of you breathing the fumes?, and which way do you have the tip pointed to get the least amount or no fumes? I have the VE kit waiting at the dealer for me to pick it up when I have a free moment and I'm debating whether to install it or not. My biggest issue is breathing the fumes, the noise or visibility aren't a problem to me.

I still get the fumes every now and then, but WAY less than before. Before it was almost a guarantee to get some stench.

I have it either forward or to the left.

It's not 100%, but it sure helps.

-J.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #22  
jcote, here's a couple of pics of my 3520 with vertical exhaust.

Below pic: 3520 vertical exhaust.
P1010793.jpg

Below pic:vertical exhaust removal
P1010946.jpg

Sincerely, Dirt
Thanks for the quick reply...looks very nice. Just what I've come to expect from Deere.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #23  
Trailering ANY turbo equipped machine can damage the turbo if you don't take some measure to block the exhaust opening. (Regardless of if it's the low or vertical exhaust) The issue is the wind entering the exhaust spins the turbo, and without the engine running, there is no oil pressure to supply lubrication to the turbo. This can greatly reduce the life of your turbo.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #24  
Trailering ANY turbo equipped machine can damage the turbo if you don't take some measure to block the exhaust opening. (Regardless of if it's the low or vertical exhaust) The issue is the wind entering the exhaust spins the turbo, and without the engine running, there is no oil pressure to supply lubrication to the turbo. This can greatly reduce the life of your turbo.

Makes sense. Didn't know that. Do you think turning the vertical exhaust so it points backwards would work??

-Jer.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #25  

did not think that was a concern either, thanks for the info.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #26  
jcote, here's a couple of pics of my 3520 with vertical exhaust.

Below pic: 3520 vertical exhaust.
P1010793.jpg

Below pic:vertical exhaust removal
P1010946.jpg

Sincerely, Dirt

Hey guys I know this is old but what is that black part under the frame (below the green brush guard) of Dirt's tractor called? It looks like a hitch that you use to attach a plow or something and I have never seen one on a 3 Series Family Tractor before.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #27  
It's the subframe for a #380, 390, 74,or 84 front plow, can't see enough detail to tell which one.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust??
Hey guys I know this is old but what is that black part under the frame (below the green brush guard) of Dirt's tractor called? It looks like a hitch that you use to attach a plow or something and I have never seen one on a 3 Series Family Tractor before.
My 3720 cab tractor has this hardware which is for the front hitch/arms to mount attachments like snow blower, rotary brush and snow plow. BTW, I did wind up getting the vertical exhaust two years ago.

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust?? #29  
Hmnn-on subject of vert exhaust, I've been debating myself if I want to get this for my 4720. I hear all the pro's for it and I have another- I 'm in the woods a lot and I'm thinking, would I rather get an "early warning" of a limb whacking a vertical exhaust vs. making contact with that very expensive front windshield.

And I too admit-I like the look:thumbsup:

/ 3720 Vertical Exhaust??
The vertical exhaust kit was $400+ two years ago which is not cheap but it is not cheaply made either. I got it mainly because of slight odor of diesel fumes coming into the cab when either the snow blower or rotary brush was attached. Another plus is NO more black exhaust suet on the front attachments. Have to remember to remove the stack prior to lifting the hood.