3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder

/ 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder #21  
Re: 3PH \"Cradle\" for Chipper/Shredder

I have Troy Built 10hp that I bolted a drawbar onto, and use hooks and a pin on top link. The chipper is very top heavy and was impossible to move on hills(narrow skinny wheels).
The added advantage was the chipper is a bottom discharge,and now i can leave extra clearance under it, or level it when on hills

/ 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder #22  

tom,
what did you decide on, or have you not decided yet?
im keen to hear your solution
thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder #23  

bluemule... Do you have any pictures of your setup? I like the idea of extra ground clearance.

John

/ 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder #24  

JWE, may i ask if you can post a photo of how the carryall attaches to your tractor, i like the look of what you have there for carrying logs
thanks

/ 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder #25  

my camera's at work. Will try to remember it and take pics and post....stay tuned..
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder

Ralph, Mith, John, Bluemule,...et. al...

Sorry to take so long. Incredibly busy work week and we FINALLY got a little SNOW /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. They called it a "Storm"...at about 14" I call it a snow but, the blower took the 1st really wet and heavy 8" without breaking a sweat. Had to go a little slow as it packed and pushed if I didn't eat into it slowly. When it started to dry out, the plume of last 6+ inches shooting off into the woods was a thing of beauty.

Anyway, FINALLY got the pictures last weekend but, daughter didnt' download them 'til last night. Hopefully I can figure out how to attach them and not eat up too many bytes.

More to follow...

Tom

Attachments

• 584444-IMG_0226_edit1.JPG
    584444-IMG_0226_edit1.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 215
   / 3PH "Cradle" for Chipper/Shredder #27  

I'd think that you could get yourself a drawbar from TSC and fabricate or buy (maybe from TSC) a "U-shaped" metal bracket that you could weld or bolt to the chipper about at the bottom of the hopper, to attach a top link to.

Just attach the chipper to your drawbar with a couple U bolts or muffler clamps via that little footer in front of the wheels in your photo. Actually, TSC has some U bolts and metal end pieces in a kit that I used to attach a hitch receiver to on my Gravely sulky. The U has about a 2" spread and is about 3 to 4" deep.

Check top link length you need. Shorter ones are available in the Cat 0 size.

Ralph

That was the "front" view. Here's a side.

Attachments

• 584453-IMG_0227_edit1.JPG
    584453-IMG_0227_edit1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 225

Here's the back (or front, depending on point of view).

P.S. RALPH is that 'puter on your tractor??? I can't keep up /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Tom

Attachments

• 584460-IMG_0228_edit1.JPG
    584460-IMG_0228_edit1.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 178

And maybe a better view...

Attachments

• 584462-IMG_0230.JPG
    584462-IMG_0230.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 181