3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #1  

fishhead

Gold Member
was using the back blade to clear some snow this am and i noticed that every once in a while i would raise the back blade and i would come up to full height then drop a small a mount suddenly and catch again. Fluid levels seems fine and fluid is clear. All other operations seem normal. This just started this am.
Thoughts?
Thanks

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #2  
Does this happen only at full height or any place in movement range where you are holding a load?

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720
I only notice it when at full height, right after raising it- i think it may inch back top then
If i cycle it it seems to raise fine- It may be occurring when i start to move while raising.
I want to try to avoid doing damage trying a ton of scenarios, but if the risk is low i could experiment

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #4  
Did.the knob you turn under the seat loosen? Try tightening this if so.

it lowers at the same rate it has been, same with raising. No weird sounds.

Don't want to put the blower back there till i get this solved

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #6  
Not super familiar with Deere design but is it possible something is slightly out of adjustment on the 3 point position feed back? Hopefully someone familiar with Deere will chime in.

thanks

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #8  
Other than the flower know under the seat front, when you flip the seat forwards or look under the seat, the hydraulic head device is there. Are there other small levers and knobs under there? I know there is a drop lock lever under there.

Otherwise a hydraulic cylinder head seal and gasket rebuild kit may be needed. Or take it to a master hydraulic re-builder in town. You can look on-line for the parts diagram and see what o-ring seals and gaskets are needed too.

Thanks all- even though the fluid was in the indicated range, it was near the bottom so i brough it up to the dead middle (guessing 3 quart) and now its seems to work- guess we will see in the am. if it still does.

interestingly i notice that the machine is slightly faster today- 6.9 vs 6.2 yesterday under same conditions and feels much better. Guess the lesson is to keep the fluid up oil the upper half- I wonder if somehow the dipstick is off or something?