3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #11  
interestingly i notice that the machine is slightly faster today- 6.9 vs 6.2 yesterday under same conditions and feels much better. Guess the lesson is to keep the fluid up oil the upper half- I wonder if somehow the dipstick is off or something?
Yanmar and Deere developed the J20B, J20C and J20D hydraulic fluid specification together.

TF500A=J20C_.jpg

I buy the local farm box store brand licensed for the J20C. Made by Ashland-Valvoline.

20220710_153346md.jpg

20220710_153416md.jpg

This way, it works really well in our Yanmar made machines. The universal fluids work OK for a few weeks, then they go crappy. So, just stay with the correct 'meets' J20x and all is good.

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720
thanks

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #13  
Check your manual for a filter. If it gets dirty it will prevent the fluid from passing through it. My old Hyd. filter is a round metal tube made of screen material you can remove and clean it. BTDT for the exact reason your describing. Esp. when Temps. got cold. After I corrected that a stable problem showed up and it was Lift handle spring/gasket was bad. It would drop ever so slow until the control valve pick it up and raised it. After repacing the washer the handle stayed in place and the linkage stayed snug against the control valve pin .

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #14  
was using the back blade to clear some snow this am and i noticed that every once in a while i would raise the back blade and i would come up to full height then drop a small a mount suddenly and catch again. Fluid levels seems fine and fluid is clear. All other operations seem normal. This just started this am.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Sounds like the rockshaft linkage adjustment is not correct.

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #15  
I have a similar issue with my 3720. With an 80" snowblower attached (it's heavy - maybe 900# or so) I raise it to any height at any RPM and the 3 point will drop maybe 1/4" (not sure, haven't measured it) then catch and immediately go back up, repeatedly. About once ever 20 seconds. It moves so little it is easier to hear it than to see it. Fluid level is clear and full. Is this a leak in the lift cylinder, and is that repairable without tearing the back end of the tractor apart? Many thanks...

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #16  
Have you looked at the rockshaft linkage adjustment? That is what needed adjusting when my 4300 did the same thing. Just a thought.

/ 3ph raises then drops suddenly-3720 #17  
Didn't een know where/what that was until your reply. Thanks, I'll check it out.