3pt 6 foot tiller

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I'm in search of one. King Kutter II seems to be mentioned here frequently, and generally users seem to be satisfied.

One thing I noticed in research I've done......seldom does it say anywhere whether the tines run forward or reverse. I 'sense' in the 3pt category many are forward tines. I have a walk behind tiller that can have tines running in either direction and on that unit....reverse tines is the only way I use it. Huge difference in how well it tills the soil.

Sooo I was thinking I would want reverse tines on a 3pt, but is this true. Given it typically is not disclose makes me wonder why.

Why everyone's opinion on this? And bang for the buck, best buy?

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #3  
I have the 5ft Tarter tiller from Tractor Supply. It surprised me how well it does in forward rotation and I feel less apt to damage it as it lifts rocks and roots up. The option to reverse the direction is there if I ever desire it but certainly not before I've tilled everything I want to till in forward direction first.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #4  
My neighbor has a 6' KK. It's forward rotation. Does a great job. He's very hard on it. Tills in large tree timber for food plots. Hits a lot of roots and rocks. Seems to be a durable unit.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #5  
I do quite a lot of tilling with a 6' tiller in new ground. I prefer the forward rotation because it will climb over most obstacles rather than hanging up. Without obstacles both do a good job imo. You don't have the issues of operating a walk behind tiller trying to hang on to it. With a walk behind I prefer a reverse rotation like the old Troy Built models.

Lots of members have bought the 6' KK and seem to be very satisfied with it, that may be the best bang for the buck.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller
I do quite a lot of tilling with a 6' tiller in new ground. I prefer the forward rotation because it will climb over most obstacles rather than hanging up. Without obstacles both do a good job imo. You don't have the issues of operating a walk behind tiller trying to hang on to it. With a walk behind I prefer a reverse rotation like the old Troy Built models.

Lots of members have bought the 6' KK and seem to be very satisfied with it, that may be the best bang for the buck.

That clarifies it...Thanks.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #7  
I'm in search of one. King Kutter II seems to be mentioned here frequently, and generally users seem to be satisfied.

One thing I noticed in research I've done......seldom does it say anywhere whether the tines run forward or reverse. I 'sense' in the 3pt category many are forward tines. I have a walk behind tiller that can have tines running in either direction and on that unit....reverse tines is the only way I use it. Huge difference in how well it tills the soil.

Sooo I was thinking I would want reverse tines on a 3pt, but is this true. Given it typically is not disclose makes me wonder why.

Why everyone's opinion on this? And bang for the buck, best buy?
My walk behind tiller tills reverse, but the tines do not spin that fast.
My 6' King Kutter II tiller spins forward, but it spins much faster than a walk behind.
Does a great job.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller
Well...stopped by Rural King and bought a KK II 6ft...with a 10% discount. They had one that looked to be a left over from last year, had some surface rust. Asked for a discount because of that and got it.

Thanks guys for all the advice.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #9  
Good for you.:thumbsup:

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #10  
Well...stopped by Rural King and bought a KK II 6ft...with a 10% discount. They had one that looked to be a left over from last year, had some surface rust. Asked for a discount because of that and got it. Thanks guys for all the advice.

That's the same way I bought my 6' KK tiller. About two years old now and has been very good.