3pt 6 foot tiller

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #11  
You will like your new tiller. My 5' KK tiller has worked well for me over the past 10 years or so.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #12  
Well...stopped by Rural King and bought a KK II 6ft...with a 10% discount. They had one that looked to be a left over from last year, had some surface rust. Asked for a discount because of that and got it.

Thanks guys for all the advice.

"surface rust"??? YUP!!
I have two King Kutter implements, and they both work great.
The King Kutter paint work though, is the worst in the implement market.
There is no acid wash, or primer, and the yellow paint falls off while you look at it.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #13  
Some tractors do not have a creeper gear. With the ford 8n you have to ride the brakes or the tiller pushes you. King Kutters are getting higher in price I have seen the 6ft. priced at 1899 this spring.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #14  
I have a 6' King Kutter I got at Rural King about 5 years ago. It has worked flawlessly tilling up some new ground that's pretty tough. Only thing I don't like about it is that when you start out your pass, it flings a bunch of dirt out the back before you can get moving. Of course, this would not be a problem with food plots and such, but in a sort of close quarter garden it gets kind of tricky. I think reverse rotating tines would just move the problem to the other end.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #15  
When I shopped around I checked out the local Agg rental places. They used Ansung Terra Force in their inventory. I had a chance to rent before I bought and found I could go much bigger, 74", compared to recommended. Its a YJR 074 and weighs close to 1000 lbs. I have a hydro-static drive with 26.5 PTO hp. The YJR 074 is a 50 HP rated unit, but if it bogs down, I just slow up.

Point is look around - I got a great deal at the end of the season when they rotated it out of service. BTW - weight is your friend when it comes to tilling.

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #16  
I've a 25hp and bought a 54" woods/cabelas the other day. (yeah, odd width but works great with the tractor width, no tracks that a 48" would leave.) my ground is extremely rocky, but the tiller worked well. Had to pick up some 20 pound rocks it pulled out, but tills great. And my hst works perfectly for tilling....

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller #18  
Best prices are from agrisupply - here is a 6' tiller for $1495. Identical to KK. Rugged.

Rotary Tiller, Rototiller, Tillovator | Agri Supply, 77711, Gear Driven

I bought a KK 60" tiller a year ago, and it IS a nice piece of equipment (the KK paint job stinks)
I got a great deal on the new KK, and then saw an advertisement for the Caroni tiller 2 months later.
The Caroni would have been less expensive, and is reported to be an excellent machine.
Agri Supply is a superb company to buy anything from!

/ 3pt 6 foot tiller
I bought a KK 60" tiller a year ago, and it IS a nice piece of equipment (the KK paint job stinks)
I got a great deal on the new KK, and then saw an advertisement for the Caroni tiller 2 months later.
The Caroni would have been less expensive, and is reported to be an excellent machine.
Agri Supply is a superb company to buy anything from!

Yep, if I had seen that, might have been better....but I got 10% off, and no shipping involved, so it might have been a wash.