Backhoe 3pt Backhoe

/ 3pt Backhoe #11  
I have the BL4690 on a L3430 and haven't noticed any odd sounds or looseness. Might only have about 15 hours on the hoe. I did notice that the top link pin does show wear after using the backhoe, so I think I will replace it fairly often.

ksmmoto

/ 3pt Backhoe #12  
<font color="blue"> I did notice that the top link pin does show wear after using the backhoe, so I think I will replace it fairly often.
</font>

ksmmoto

That pin should not show much wear, since the correct pin is a special hardened one. Mine ovals the bushing in the "mast arm" but shows no sign of wear on the pin itself after many hours of use.

I would be concerned if the pin is showing wear and would go as far as buying a new pair of the hardened/strong original equipment pins if there was any question as to the ones you have being the right ones...since it is a safety concern.

/ 3pt Backhoe #13  
Greg, Do you have any pics of your BH ? I would like a BH for my B7500 when I can afford one.
Donny

/ 3pt Backhoe #14  
Don716,
There are a couple of pictures of it in a current thread on Owning/Operating- "Tree Removal". I've also attached another photo of it.

Greg

Attachments

• 623164-BackHoeLog.jpg
    623164-BackHoeLog.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 164
   / 3pt Backhoe #15  
Henro, the pins I have all have a shoulder on them for the larger hole on the right side top link mount on the Grand L's. I thought these were all hardened ones. I am going to my dealer next week and will ask.

I got a extra pin or two when I got my tractor and I may have mixed them up if they look the same but have different hardnesses. I will do a file check and see if they are different. I used to have access to a Rockwell Hardness Tester, but I don't work there anymore.

ksmmoto