3pt blower

/ 3pt blower #11  
Pls post the pics, Densleigh

We like pics.

/ 3pt blower #12  
When in doubt about posting photos... **Always do it** :laughing:

/ 3pt blower #13  
If you check out one of the fan manufactures sites , like Delhi you would be able to see fan curves charts and Hp requirements.
A reverse incline blade will give you the best bang for the 540 rpm of a PTO.
Balancing is an issue if you want to keep the fan operational, and you must think of the unbalanced pressure on the PTO shaft. Not a big deal to balance. If you made the wheel and took it to a Balancing shop (there are places that just balance things you need to search the web in your area for the closest one) It should not cost a lot of dollars. :thumbsup:

/ 3pt blower #14  
I used to own a 3pt blower and I must say they can be powerful. I know a dealer near me (and you) that has a used one for sale. It is gear driven and suitable for 20 or more HP. They do take a lot of HP. Contact Tony at Toreku Tractor in Harvard, MA 978-772-6619. He doesn't give anything away though he has had this one for at least a couple of years. I'd offer him $500. This blower will be a lot more durable than a homemade rig.

Good luck.

Will 978-857-8281

/ 3pt blower #15  
Hi, Done this using blower from industrial oil heater (Furnace I suppose to those in US of A)

Simple frame and pulley ratio to increase pto to about 1200 rpm - only pulleys to hand at time.

About 4 hours work in it including putting keyway in shaft.
Total cost about $30

It works very well and is easy to create large piles of leaves and beech husks

I have a couple of pictures somewhere if any one interested I can post them up.

Yes we need some pics asap. I want to build one of these while im off work.

/ 3pt blower #16  
Check out local auction sales that sell commercial equipment. I've bought a few of these for resale over the years and most go for $100 or less used. Golf courses use them and sell them quite often. I have 2 brand new units sitting on my fenceline right now that I bought for $150, mount to front of lawn tractors and are belt driven. I might even have a couple 3 pth ones too. I have an almost new Steiner one too that I use for pavement blowing. They take more hp that you might realize so don't be building it too big.

/ 3pt blower #17  
Check out local auction sales that sell commercial equipment. I've bought a few of these for resale over the years and most go for $100 or less used. Golf courses use them and sell them quite often. I have 2 brand new units sitting on my fenceline right now that I bought for $150, mount to front of lawn tractors and are belt driven. I might even have a couple 3 pth ones too. I have an almost new Steiner one too that I use for pavement blowing. They take more hp that you might realize so don't be building it too big.

Dont know what auctions your going too but i have never seen one at an auction. Post some pics for us and maybe ill have to buy one from you lol:laughing:

/ 3pt blower #19  
I am thinking broom I went to the city shop a while back and got a well used broom plans are to put it on my loader (2305) and power it with a 11 hp gas engine I want to fab it up so I can use my pallet forks all I need is some time.

/ 3pt blower #20  
Sorry 204 saskman, I sometimes forget I posted in threads. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow of the ones I have. Was at a sale last week and they had a few, cheap I think but never really paid much attention. I have a few pics on other sites of some stuff I have built, same user name if you wanna search. Lawnsite and arboristsite.