3Pt wood chipper help!

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #21  
Last fall I bought a pto chipper from Titan Attachments Titan Wood Chipper 3 point attachment Tractor PTO 4"x1" Automatic Tree Brush

The company is based in TN and I think the chipper is probably imported from china.

Others mentioned the Wallenstein brand, which I also looked at. This one appears to be an exact copy of the Wallenstein Bx-42 for about half price. The price is $1450 plus I used a 10% off code and free shipping. They also make a 62hp model

I have been following this forum for a while and decided to finally register when I saw this post. I planned on doing a proper review on this forum and never got around to it. I wanted to share the info since I took a risk. When I bought it, I could find absolutely no one who had bought one on any forum, and even their own website had no user reviews.

Plan on using it this weekend. I will try to remember to take some pics and do a real review.

Edit: I guess I should also say, I have used it for at least 10 hours now, mostly white oak. No issues and I am totally happy with it. Just needs a little stronger shear bolt. Factory one is mild steel and not strong enough. I moved up to a grade 5 and havent had a problem since

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #22  
I run a Wallenstein BX62 S (6 1/2 inch) with my Kubota (56 pto hp). Almost 100% of all my chipping is pine trees - 6" and smaller. I was going to get the bigger Wally - BX92 S - but quickly realized that its all I can do to manhandle a 6" pine out of the woods and up into the chipper. I never limb the pine trees - chop them up "in the round", butt end in first. I thin my large stands of pines and will chip 750-900 trees every year.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #23  
The BX62S pulls them through OK.

What kind of length and does it have feed rollers?

/ 3Pt wood chipper help!
Thank you for all of your comments! You guys have been a big help.
I decided and purchased a Victory BX-42. For $1245.00 + free shipping. From
Wood Chipper | VICTORY TRACTOR IMPLEMENTS
I used a coupon code of " etrac50 ". That gave me an additional $50.00 off.
I couldn't see spending the extra $700.00 for the Woodmaxx. I would of had to pay $150.00in taxes to ship it to NY.
I will update this posting when I receive this machine and work with it.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #25  
Ultrarunner-

The chipper pulls so hard when it engages the butt that its almost frightening. It actually jerks the entire tree right out of my hands. The young pines will run from twenty to thirty feet long. No feed rollers - just lift the butt over the lip of the in-feed chute then step back and lift the entire tree up and let it slide down the chute and into the chipper.

My annual thinning operation is a multi stage process. Identify & fell the trees. Huff them out of the stands and into piles. Remove from the piles and chip.

By the time a pine reaches 6" or larger it has survived at least four annual thinning operations and pretty much has a fair chance to become a big tree.

I've also found that continual "thinning" of the porcupine population helps considerably.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #26  
Please be sure to update with your feedback on the unit. I would love a PTO chipper but can't justify the Wallenstein price for my needs.

As of right now I am looking at a need for an easy 40 yards of wood chips to start, and guessing annually another 10. That adds up to the price of a chipper quickly and can be justified in just a few years.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #27  
Ultrarunner-

The chipper pulls so hard when it engages the butt that its almost frightening. It actually jerks the entire tree right out of my hands. The young pines will run from twenty to thirty feet long. No feed rollers - just lift the butt over the lip of the in-feed chute then step back and lift the entire tree up and let it slide down the chute and into the chipper.

My annual thinning operation is a multi stage process. Identify & fell the trees. Huff them out of the stands and into piles. Remove from the piles and chip.

By the time a pine reaches 6" or larger it has survived at least four annual thinning operations and pretty much has a fair chance to become a big tree.

I've also found that continual "thinning" of the porcupine population helps considerably.

Thanks for the feedback... always good have field reports.

I think the 62 might be too much for the L3800... no 3-point for the Deere 110 which would only be slight higher PTO hp.

Sure sounds like you are getting your money's worth... plus exercise!

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #28  
I have a John Deere 2320 (18HP at the PTO) and I am looking at gettting the woodmaxx tm-86h
WoodMaxx TM-86H Hydraulic Chipper for Subcompact Tractor - WoodMaxx

It has a nice opening and will chip larger trees and is hydraulic feed. Most larger stuff for me turns into firewood but I love being able to feed in the Y's and crooked branches and not worry about it.

I have run several types of chipper feeds and I won't have anything now that isn't hydraulic. I like you can change the speed to chip larger things or make the chips different size, it is reversible so if there is a problem or jam it is easy to clear. If you get something to large for the tractor you can stop it and let the tractor catch up before feeding in the rest.

I love taking a huge gnarled bunch of wild roses and just getting them started in and stepping back and watching the chipper and the roses fight it out. The chipper always wins.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #29  
Thank you for all of your comments! You guys have been a big help.
I decided and purchased a Victory BX-42. For $1245.00 + free shipping. From
Wood Chipper | VICTORY TRACTOR IMPLEMENTS
I used a coupon code of " etrac50 ". That gave me an additional $50.00 off.
I couldn't see spending the extra $700.00 for the Woodmaxx. I would of had to pay $150.00in taxes to ship it to NY.
I will update this posting when I receive this machine and work with it.

Hum, That's a small chipper to try using on your JD4700. It doesn't appear to have any legs to raise it up enough to get the correct PTO angle. Your most likely going to need to build a platform to set it on.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #30