3Pt wood chipper help!

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #31  
Hum, That's a small chipper to try using on your JD4700. It doesn't appear to have any legs to raise it up enough to get the correct PTO angle. Your most likely going to need to build a platform to set it on.

I think so too...

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #32  
I have an 8" Woodmaxx with the hydraulic infeed. I used it on my old NH Boomer 35 and it would take a 6" log with the feed rollers slowed down.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #33  
I think so too...

Exactly what I had to do with the Craigslist Jinma I bought a couple years ago. I had to raise it about 8" with angle iron legs (and I added skid shoes) to get the pto driveline parallel. Running mine on an M series 90 pto Kubota Ag Tractor. Added a Weasler slip clutch so I didn't twist off the driveline too. Mine gobbles an 8" hardwood log with no issue (other than maybe screaming the weasler a bit)....

Most certainly an earplug and safety glasses chipper....

Anyone need any wood chips? I have many piles.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #35  
That's a good chipper for subcompact tractors. Just give Woodmaxx a call to make sure it will work with your JD 2320. They will help you make the right choice with no high pressure sales.

I will double check but I am pretty sure it will. They say it fits a cat 1 or 2 3pt hitch and it can take up to 50 hp. Always better safe than sorry though, thank you for the advise.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help!
Turtlecreekfarm and RoyJackson, I received the chipper last week. I went to hook it up and found that the PTO shaft they sent me was to long. I have the tractor and chipper at my cabin 200 miles from home and I did not have time to cut the PTO, so I hooked it up off of the 3 pt hitch and ran it from sitting on the ground.
It seemed to work fine. I only chipped with it for about an hour because had to leave to come back to work.
The next time I go up I will spend more time on the chipper.

/ 3Pt wood chipper help!
IMG_20160507_191202523 (1).jpg

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #38  
Turtlecreekfarm and RoyJackson, I received the chipper last week. I went to hook it up and found that the PTO shaft they sent me was to long. I have the tractor and chipper at my cabin 200 miles from home and I did not have time to cut the PTO, so I hooked it up off of the 3 pt hitch and ran it from sitting on the ground.
It seemed to work fine. I only chipped with it for about an hour because had to leave to come back to work.
The next time I go up I will spend more time on the chipper.

You do want to shorten that PTO drive shaft as soon as you can.
Best of luck! Enjoy your newest tool and, most importantly, be safe!!

Good lookin' 4700, by the way...

/ 3Pt wood chipper help!
Thank you!
I decided not to cut that PTO.
I am looking at shorter PTO's. I notice some have HP stated on them. Is this a HP requirement or maximum?
Do I have to make sure I do not buy a PTO that is to weak for my JD 4700 (PTO HP of 40)??
I need a 31" PTO 1 3/8 - 6 Spline. I saw one at Tractor Supply Weasler #14006127 15HP@540 RPM. Would this PTO be to small?

Thank you for your help!

/ 3Pt wood chipper help! #40  
Thank you!
I decided not to cut that PTO.
I am looking at shorter PTO's. I notice some have HP stated on them. Is this a HP requirement or maximum?
Do I have to make sure I do not buy a PTO that is to weak for my JD 4700 (PTO HP of 40)??
I need a 31" PTO 1 3/8 - 6 Spline. I saw one at Tractor Supply Weasler #14006127 15HP@540 RPM. Would this PTO be to small?

Thank you for your help!

I think every powered implement I own, I cut the PTO on. It's easy, just a hacksaw and a tape measure. You never want to run one too long when the shaft is binding in the shortest (usually down length), it's putting undue stress on the output and the seals and you can wind up with the coupler jammed on the PTO stub (won't release).