4" Stump Removal

/ 4" Stump Removal #31  
Re: 4\" Stump Removal

If money wasn't a problem.. this would be fun to see in action!

Hard to believe! This crusher pulverizes almost anything! Extra hard carbide teeth work very well in small trees, stumps, branches, even asphalt.

http://www.hud-son.com/crusher.htm

/ 4" Stump Removal #32  

I think my B8200 is similar sized, but 4x4. For stumps like that, I have better luck using the 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup. But, to pull 50 of them, well, you must have time...

As others have noted, in your progress towards further clearing, leave more stump. If nothing else, it gives you more to chain too. I find that short stumps will start to pull, and lean a bit, and then the chain comes off(even with multiple loops around the stump).

/ 4" Stump Removal #33  

Just happened to think (occasionaly I get an idea) why couldn't a person cut a small V in the trunk for the chain to fit into and avoid the chain slipping off? Just a thought.

Be careful out there.

/ 4" Stump Removal #34  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I guess I could handle that, I don't drink much anyway, I am more of a Diet Coke drinker, but I could sip on a beer all day long to watch someone work. but if i have to help then I will drink the diet coke )</font>

I'll come if we can have Capt'in Morgan and diet Coke, on ice, naturally!!!!!

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

/ 4" Stump Removal #35  

So salt helps to rot the stumps? How does this work? What does the salt do to the stump to make it rot quicker? I have a lot of stumps to get rid of, but I got time to just let them rot down.

/ 4" Stump Removal #36  

I got an idea, if the salt don't work, try the Capt'n Morgan, it will make it SEEM better.

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P

/ 4" Stump Removal #37  

Here is one method from a local organic garden talk show.

"Stump removal - Any kind of sugar or nitrogen product will do the trick. First, start by drilling holes in the stump. Make the holes as large and deep and closely spaced as possible. Fill the holes with sugar, molasses, syrup, old jellies, jams, candies, buttermilk, or fertilizer of any kind. This is a good place to dispose of any synthetic fertilizers you might still have around the place, although organics would certainly be better. Next, wet the stump and additions and cover with a thick layer of shredded mulch. How long the rotting takes depends on the type of tree. Bois d arc will take the longest to rot using this or any other technique. A more practical approach for some is to hire a tree care company to grind the stump out mechanically. It's quick, always successful and doesn't cost much.

Don't pour any toxic herbicides into the holes as is commonly recommended. The toxins will eventually seep out and contaminate the soil and the roots of nearby desirable plants. Plus, the toxic products are not needed. The food products work just as well or better."

/ 4" Stump Removal #39  

Racechaser69,

Thanks for the excellent link on tree stump removal.