410C transmission wont pull

/ 410C transmission wont pull
P.S. why the **** does it look crazy anytime I post something that has an apostrophe?!

Ok so the screen on the priority valve had 2 little chunks of metal in them.. they look like some kind of pin that has come out of something

But the reverser filter is new and fluid is changed

Transaxle/Hydraulic filter changed and fluid is new

Still wont pull itself at any speed

My father in law doesn稚 want to spend what the thing is worth trying to fix it. Any other suggestions I can try in the field besides splitting it and going hunting?

/ 410C transmission wont pull #15  
I'll suggest to check trans pump pressure. Also check to be sure hyd filter relief valve isn't stuck open. Another thing to check is determine if torsional damper clutch is holding & center hub isn't stripped out.

none of that is english to me at all..

i really need to hunt down his service manual, and not just try to go off the operators manual.

i did find out, and dont recall if i mentioned it.. but the last time he had used it, he drove up where he wanted, used the front bucket to lift a load of dirt, and it wouldnt move after that. I have trouble thinking something broke at that exact time.. there has to be something simple being overlooked.

/ 410C transmission wont pull #17  
Since you found a possible pin, I would follow the linkage from reverser lever down to the control valve. Unhook linkage at the valve and try shifting the valve by hand to see if that lever feels normal. There should be three distinct positions. Forward, reverse and neutral. It is possible a pin fell out of the valve linkage internally while in neutral position and now won't move. Also another thought, if you have access to a borescope camera, try removing the starter and then look around inside the clutch housing to see if you can see any broken springs that could indicate a failed torsional damper. Lever 17 in first diagram will be reverser valve.

Attachments

• 410c damper.PNG
    410c damper.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 410c reverser valve.PNG
    410c reverser valve.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 149
Since you found a possible pin, I would follow the linkage from reverser lever down to the control valve. Unhook linkage at the valve and try shifting the valve by hand to see if that lever feels normal. There should be three distinct positions. Forward, reverse and neutral. It is possible a pin fell out of the valve linkage internally while in neutral position and now won't move. Also another thought, if you have access to a borescope camera, try removing the starter and then look around inside the clutch housing to see if you can see any broken springs that could indicate a failed torsional damper. Lever 17 in first diagram will be reverser valve.

dont have a borescope anymore.. mine floated away in Hurricane Harvey. I will go see if i can follow it down from the handle in the cab tomorrow and see what happens if i can do it by hand. Is that something I should be able to do with it turned off?

I'll suggest to check trans pump pressure. Also check to be sure hyd filter relief valve isn't stuck open. Another thing to check is determine if torsional damper clutch is holding & center hub isn't stripped out.

ordered a hyd pressure gauge yesterday.. the operators manual isnt showing me anything about a filter rv.. any ideas where to look for it? and how would i check the torsional damper?

/ 410C transmission wont pull #20  
Without the aid of a tech manual will guess relief valve is key 5 or maybe 9.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    90.2 KB · Views: 152