42" Frontier forks

/ 42" Frontier forks #11  
ScottK said:
I paid $700 after haggling recently for the Frontier forks. The dealer told me they cost them about $630. They were "marked down" to $790 on the tag already.

Ouch! on the Markdown.

/ 42" Frontier forks #12  
dieselram said:
No dealers around me have them in stock so they will ding me freight.

Oh they would ding you on freight anyway as it would be contained within the instock price too, typically.

/ 42" Frontier forks
They are going to get you one way or another, but I am not getting hosed on them either.

/ 42" Frontier forks #14  
The difference in freight is if they are getting a large shipment at one time, the costs are far less than if they have to order just one for a customer. I routinely see my dealer take delivery of 15-20 impelents at one time - stock orders I think they are called - and then they don't charge the customer for shipping separately on those.

/ 42" Frontier forks #15  
I just bought a set of 42" adjustable width forks from Everything Attachments for $695.00 with free shipping. They are very well constructed, and made specifically for the JD CX 200, 300 and 400 FEL's. I have no complaints. They shipped via UPS Freight. You should check them out. Here's the link: CAL 42" John Deere Compact Pallet Forks CAL-1PFCMPSM42
Mike 57

/ 42" Frontier forks
I looked at those too but I would pay a little extra for green paint. For the $29 in savings, I would probably go Frontier. Any other chaper alternatives?

/ 42" Frontier forks #17  
dieselram said:
I looked at those too but I would pay a little extra for green paint. For the $29 in savings, I would probably go Frontier. Any other chaper alternatives?

Hey dieselRam, I am sure you can get a can of Deere Green spray paint for about 6 bucks!:D

/ 42" Frontier forks #18  
mike57 said:
I just bought a set of 42" adjustable width forks from Everything Attachments for $695.00 with free shipping. They are very well constructed, and made specifically for the JD CX 200, 300 and 400 FEL's.

They are narrower than the Frontier Forks. The Frontier forks extend width wise beyond the bottom pins.

/ 42" Frontier forks #19  
Just curious why you would want them to extend so far apart?
Mike57

/ 42" Frontier forks #20  
I put mine on full width when carrying logs. Much more stable that way.