422 need to tow out of woods

/ 422 need to tow out of woods
So you don't need a hose to move it?

I have an email to Terry, to verify whether the hose is needed if the bypass is loosened up.

Here's Terry's email reply.

"Hi, the old type power trac used a hose for towing, your power trac take a allen wrench.Thanks Terry"

/ 422 need to tow out of woods #33  
You shouldn't roll these machines without bypassing the hydraulics first. You can do serious damage to the drive pump if you pull it on its wheels with that pump not bypassed. Once you figure out which two ports to connect the bypass hose to, it's an easy operation and the machine rolls very easily... so much so that you'd better have a way to stop it if its on a hill... ;)

I had mine for about 16 years before I had to roll it around in my garage. <I was a piece of cake.> :licking:

You are a piece of cake?! Watch out for mice!:laughing:

/ 422 need to tow out of woods #34  

"Hi, the old type power trac used a hose for towing, your power trac take a allen wrench.Thanks Terry"
How old is your power trac? Mine is 10 this year I think. So the new ones dont require a bypass hose? This is a very interesting thread.

I was thinking 10 years on mine too. The pictures you posted looks very similar to mine, including the capped T connectors on each side, oh and your's is much cleaner looking. :)

/ 422 need to tow out of woods #37  

Well, that beats the bypass hose. For what it's worth, mines a 2001 model year.

6 mm allen two turns backing off and it moved real easy. Now that i know what to look for, i checked the manual again and sure enough, it had a picture of the pump all by itself with an arrow pointed right at the allen screw. I never was very good at reading. :D

I also disconnected the steering ram from the back tub so that it would follow well when pulling it out.

Once i got it up to a level spot, i hooked the pickup up and away it went. As it turned out, lucky the rough cut mower was still attached, as it acted as an break of sorts so the PT wouldn't roll down slight inclines into the truck so i didn't have to rig anything up to keep it off the back of the truck.

Now i have to look at the engine to see what is what.

/ 422 need to tow out of woods #40  
Glad you got it out OK and I'm sure some folks with the same pump will be grateful for the tutorial on the bypass port. :thumbsup: