4310 Rear Scv & power beyond

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #11  
So the part number is: 38H5003

After using the Googler, I found this link on a very helpful forum.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/333234-qd-couplings-jd-5083e-2.html

From link:
Thanks.

I found out the thread on the valve port is M18x1.5, adapter for it: JD part# 38H5003

I think it is M18x1.5 Metric Male to #8 SAE/ORB Female (or M18x1.5 to 13/16-16 ORFS, #10 SAE/ORB?? Not sure)

It is strange why they installed metric Quick disconnects and run a hose with metric on one end, SAE on the other and adapter SAE back to metric.

Here are JD part numbers for anyone who wants to change the QDs to SAE:

RE60527 - SVC with M18x1.5 ports (plugs are RE46685)
T77857 O-ring for between the hose and the nipple (38H5003)
51M7043 O-ring for between the nipple and the valve
38H5003 - nipple M18x1.5 to #8 SAE/ORB or #10 SAE/ORB

You can install the discounthose adapter right into the valve (instead of 38H5003 above):

9335-18-08 | M18x1.5 Metric Male x #8 SAE/ORB Female

then you can do whatever hose, QD you want.

I think they should have installed #10 SAE/ORB everywhere, but that would be too easy to replace JD parts :) Evil JD!!!

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #12  
Re: 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond

I have my valve out now. I tried to plug the in and out ports, and the SAE o-ring fittings I have are not the same thread. I think the valve is metric. I did not try the bottom ports.
The power beyond port on the loader valve is M22x1.5 ORB. I don't know what the 3rd scv ports are off the top of my head, I'll try measuring the adapters in the kit I bought this weekend.

Edit: now you have me second guessing my memory. I'll check that port too.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #13  

You are probably correct, the PB port and input ports are the same and bigger than the bottom output ports.

If the poster want to add PB cheap, I would pull off the steel tube from the tractor, and take it to a hydraulic shop and have them cut out a section add JIC female nuts, and flare the end pieces. Then you can use JIC fittings and hoses with quick disconnects to do it.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #14  
Mike
I think you can delete the duplicate posts.. if you want to...

I tried, said I need to be an administrator. Sometimes at work, it is slow and I accidentally click post twice, and it actuals post it twice.

I just got it to work. Thanks,

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #15  

You are probably correct, the PB port and input ports are the same and bigger than the bottom output ports.

If the poster want to add PB cheap, I would pull off the steel tube from the tractor, and take it to a hydraulic shop and have them cut out a section add JIC female nuts, and flare the end pieces. Then you can use JIC fittings and hoses with quick disconnects to do it.

Mike this is how i planned the pby, pretty simple mod, but for my scv you did find a post that hits the '38H5003' on the head, thanks! I spent hours looking through google, you found the needle in the haystack! What's funny about jd parts web site is they give 9 specifications just for the PIN that connects the 3rd scv valve to handle, but cannot even list the size of the adapter!!! Texasranger, if you would be so kind, just to verify the port size on *4x10 3 valve scv bottom ports* (assuming 4x00 you have is same) this week end would be great. Thanks Guys!
I have my valve out now. I tried to plug the in and out ports, and the SAE o-ring fittings I have are not the same thread. I think the valve is metric. I did not try the bottom ports.
Mike I missed a post on page 1, you say your valve is out now, could you measure yours? If i can I would like to order this week to receive next. If I wait on texas ranger I'd be another week from ordering on monday. Thanks

Last edited:
   / 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #16  

I went to a hydraulic shop this week. I didn't but any, but he said those are 18mm and the larger are 22. I bought a 22mm fitting and it fit, so
I assume he is right about the 18mm, but I didn't try it. I can try to measure later, but I am Farley confident it is right. The fittings are about $15 at a parker store to a 1/2: NPT female. Didn't but any, but they said they had them.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #17  

Your post with the link, and quotes, plus a guy pm me 18x1.5 , and YOUR guy at hydro shop today says 18, today at JD parts counter man says 18mm, so I will go ahead with order. I picked up the hoses just couple hours ago, and couple other sleeve and bushings, clevis, etc. Great project since the weather just took a bad turn to cold, cold, cold. I feel like working indoors. Thanks for all the help, and I will post the pics of the install and finished project.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #18  

Can you post pictures of what you do for the handle? And dimensions or a drawing would be good. I might want to do the 3rd SCV someday. The handle seems to be the biggest part of it all.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #19