45 loader for x series

/ 45 loader for x series
Hey guys, I got the fel back on my tractor. I'd like some opinions on the supports that go from the front back to the loader uprights. The loader I bought has 1" tubing with the ends smashed then just bolted. The JD 45 loader has what looks like 2" x 1/2 or 3/8 part way then bolted to some kind of channel, not sure how to describe it, just wondering if that has some kind of adjustment there. I was thinking about using 2" x 3/8 for my supports. Just wondering if that will be heavy enough and also if I should just run it solid or fab something like JD used and bolt it ??

/ 45 loader for x series #22  
Just flat steel wouldn't be very strong compared to channel or tubing. The 3/8 steel will flex a lot. You could use 1/8 inch walled tubing or 3/16 channel and it won't vibrate or flex as much as 3/8 flat stock going that distance.

/ 45 loader for x series
Thank again for replying, I picked up some 2" X 3" rectangular tubing with a thick wall, kind of seems like a little overkill but I guess I won't have to worry about it strength wise, as long as my welds hold. The original tubing that was on the loader seemed kind of small. The front latch piece that I fabbed up works great, my next issue is the rod for the latch. I thought I might just by the setup from JD. The handle was 10$, the long rod with the piece welded on it was 66$, the little rid that connects the 2 and has the groove in it..... 173.00$$ . I might just fab that setup up too.

/ 45 loader for x series #24  
You could cut the tubing into channel but that would probably be time consuming.

/ 45 loader for x series
Yeah, I had thought about welding some angle iron to the flat that I picked up but I've got the rectangular tubing now, guess I may as well use it. I couldn't believe that the one little rod was so expensive, I couldn't get the price for the other pieces because I was on my phone and couldn't slide the picture. I'm hoping I can get the supports done this coming weekend. That would just leave the painting, on that part anyway. I'm having trouble getting the pins I need to finish the QA . So that will more than likely have to be pushed off for another week

/ 45 loader for x series #26  
I mean cutting the rectangle tubing down to channel

/ 45 loader for x series
Yep, I understood what you meant, may as well use it as is, just added strength

/ 45 loader for x series
Thanks again for the pictures of the assembly on your loader, they came in very helpful. Did you decide on installing a loader valve ? I hadn't thought about it but I could still plug my loader into the factory qc's if I need to

/ 45 loader for x series
IMG_2579.JPGIMG_2580.JPGIMG_2581.JPGIMG_2582.JPG.

These are pic's of how I cut the tubing to fit everything together

/ 45 loader for x series #30  
That looks similar to a kwik way loader but kwik way loaders had level lift linkage on them so I don't know what it is. They made Johnson loaders and there was another well known brand but I can't think of the name.