4WD Repair Jinma 284

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284 #31  
Great repair. I had the same problem and put 5/16 x 3/8 dowel pins in the front and the back. It was tough. It took 4 try's. The only way you could get them to go in was to put the front in first and then stick the pins onto the back shaft with grease and then slide it over. If you put the pins in the coupler, they are too long and will not go over the shaft. I tried putting them into the back coupler, and putting the shaft in there last, but the couple needed to go back to far and the pins would push out. Once I put my thinking hat on and did the way I described, it worked the second time. Good thing I ordered 20 pins necause there is snow outside and that is where I was doing the repair. By the way, I got the pins at fastenal for $.25 a piece. My shaft was worn, but I did not get it repaired. I am thinking with the dowel pins, I will not have to. I have not tried it yet, but the shaft felt tight. I will report on how it worked when I use it.

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284 #32  
Well, I just tested it and it did not work. Not sure if the 4wd was not engaging or if something was wrong with my repair. I will have to dig into it and see. I am in Minnesota and it is blizzarding and going to be -20 for the next few days, so I won;t be working on it for a while. Will keep everyone posted when I find something out.

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284 #33  
you lost me a bit , are there 6 balls on each end of the drive shaft , what shaft was worn , in the front of the shaft or the rear of the drive shaft , i am trying to under stand ?

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284
Hello guys, I see this thread comes alive now and then.
After re-reading some of the posts, I wanted to say that it's been what, 5 years now since that dowel replacement? Well, I had to let you guys know that we have had zero problems with any of the drive train front or rear. Loretta and I have been using that little Jinma at home on the ranch, and even more so on another piece of property where we are building some small cabins to rent out. I've brought the Kama up there too, and both tractors are used to build driveways, clear and level building sites, dig all the trenches for water, electricity, phone lines and gas lines. And finally, dig all the trenches for footings. Most of that was done with the Jinma and the Nardi Backhoe mounted to it ... so it's always carrying a heavy load, with lot's of stress on the 4 wd drive train, I'm sure. Knock on wood, yeah?
Rob-

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284 #35  
Hello, this is John from John's Jinma. johnstractor

I lost my 4WD last year on my 284, and plan to tackle the repair after spring planting. I really like the idea of replacing the 8mm balls with rods. :)

Does anyone have access to the original pictures from this thread? They would be much appreciated.

John

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284 #36  
Hello, this is John from John's Jinma. johnstractor

I lost my 4WD last year on my 284, and plan to tackle the repair after spring planting. I really like the idea of replacing the 8mm balls with rods. :)

Does anyone have access to the original pictures from this thread? They would be much appreciated.

John
Hi John,

The thumbnails don't show up for me either, but I can see the photos when I click on them.

I've used your site quite a bit for repairs -- thanks for keeping it going all these years!

/ 4WD Repair Jinma 284 #37  
Well, that was almost too easy! :oops:

THX, 2WD is very limiting.