5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #1  

Wheels2

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2400 L
Got around to building a little boom for my GC2400. One pin in the receiver and I can carry it in one hand.
Saves my creaky back.

Harvey

Attachments

• P1020490.jpg
    P1020490.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 1,617
  • P1020495.jpg
    P1020495.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 1,327
   / 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #2  
Please allow me to caution you........
The "EXTENDED" arm that you now have with this boom is a problem. First it GREATLY increases the lift "moment" thus greatly REDUCING the weight that can be lifted.....(Try extending your arm with a phone book in your hand) AND....
More importantly, if you hook up to something heavy it will likely RAPIDLY lift the rear end (rear wheels) of your tractor...THROWING YOU FORWARD, POSSIBLY INJURING YOU........
I have chained small, 3" sapling stumps directly to my bucket (no arm or extension) raised the bucket only to almost LAUNCH myself out of the seat as the rear of my Kabota came rapidly off the ground.
Nuff said..........:confused3:

Last edited:
   / 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy
The extended arm is not a problem as you have no idea what it will be used for.
250 lbs into the back of my F-150 would be max. I weigh that much so testing was easy.
Keep your seat belt fastened to prevent injuring yourself when exceeding the capablities of your tractor.

Harvey

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #5  
Nice project Harvey. :thumbsup: Might be good idea to put some weight on back of tractor.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #6  
Nice Harvey...

Got anything in mind to move w/ it or just makin' cool stuff?

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #7  
Nice project! I just might have to steal your design :)

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #8  
My thought would be feather the hydraulic don't just lay into it and when the rear end starts to lift you know it is to heavy ,don't add rear weight you could bend the front axle ,I've seen that happen.That looks like a light duty tractor do a light duty job and save your back and there should be no problem .Most problems happen when the nut on the steering wheel is too loose.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #9  
I built one for my 1026r that extends to 8 ft. I calculated the Max load to be 250 lbs with caution and backhoe for counterweight. I haven't broken anything but I keep it very low and go about 1 Mph

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #10  
handy little boom, noce simple design. Don't overload your tractor with it.