5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #21  
The extended arm is not a problem as you have no idea what it will be used for.
250 lbs into the back of my F-150 would be max. I weigh that much so testing was easy.
Keep your seat belt fastened to prevent injuring yourself when exceeding the capablities of your tractor.

Harvey

Harvey, he may have been overly excited when he cautioned you, but he does make a point.
You on the other hand already knew what you were going to use it for, although you did not make that point in your original post.

Safety should always be a consideration, and nuff said
:thumbsup:

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy
Harvey, he may have been overly excited when he cautioned you, but he does make a point.
You on the other hand already knew what you were going to use it for, although you did not make that point in your original post.

Safety should always be a consideration, and nuff said
:thumbsup:

You are correct. I read what Boeing said and will be even more cautious because of it.

Thanks
Thanks to Boeing too.

Harvey

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #23  
Harvey, I really like it. It's like a pretty version of mine. Here's the pregnant wife load test:

ForumRunner_20120901_175425.png

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #24  
Here's a picture of my setup and lifting steel H posts. Kinda crude in my case but worked fine.

Attachments

• 167mixz.jpg
    167mixz.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 355
   / 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #26  
My thought would be feather the hydraulic don't just lay into it and when the rear end starts to lift you know it is to heavy ,don't add rear weight you could bend the front axle ,I've seen that happen.That looks like a light duty tractor do a light duty job and save your back and there should be no problem .Most problems happen when the nut on the steering wheel is too loose.

WW,
Thats Funny..

kubotakid USA

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #27  
Nice boom:thumbsup:. You may want to be cautious when you turn with it because the tractor will not be that stable with a load on it.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #28  
Nice build!! Bet that will come in handy!!

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #29  
Wow the safety police are on the loose on this thread!

The pole looks fine. I'm sure the builder/operator knows what he is doing....

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #30  
You just have to be careful with these light weight tractors...well, thinking about this...all of them!

one mans food is anothers poison....