5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #42  
It dosent matter if you stay calm or not if it's a long enough hill it won't stat straight forever, the same happened to me , fortunately the end of the hill came before I lost control once it starts sliding there's no controlling very long just hope the hill ends before the inevitable,best thing is stay away from steep hills .it will slide on a steep enough hill even if you drop the bucket unless the bucket is angled to dig in the ground.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #43  
GPintheMitten said:
Hi Swick1,

I like your setup. I always wanted a wench on the front of my tractor! ;)

LOL! Me too.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #44  
It dosent matter if you stay calm or not if it's a long enough hill it won't stat straight forever, the same happened to me , fortunately the end of the hill came before I lost control once it starts sliding there's no controlling very long just hope the hill ends before the inevitable,best thing is stay away from steep hills .it will slide on a steep enough hill even if you drop the bucket unless the bucket is angled to dig in the ground.
That's probably true, but don't give up on dropping the bucket.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #46  
Nice job!! Did the safety police talk you into building a weight box for the 3 pt hitch? That will be a very handy item to have around the property.

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy
Nice job!! Did the safety police talk you into building a weight box for the 3 pt hitch? That will be a very handy item to have around the property.

I'm building it now.
Thanks for the reminder.

Harvey

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #48  
You'll love it once you build the weight box. Fill it with sand or small rocks and stick some lengths of pvc pipe in it to hold your tools, chains, etc

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy
You'll love it once you build the weight box. Fill it with sand or small rocks and stick some lengths of pvc pipe in it to hold your tools, chains, etc
This is an old thread but I still use the boom that I built 11 years ago. Zero problems with the tractor or the boom. Lots of use on both.
Enjoy your tractors. I enjoy using mine and I'll be 85 next month.
Harvey

/ 5 ft. Boom - Cheap and easy #50  
Happy Birthday!!