50-56 code

/ 50-56 code #21  
That's what I'm thinking. 0.6 Ohms is close to a dead short. You ever see one of these solenoids go bad.

Thats your bad one. Almost dead short. Leave that one unplugged and do your fuse test. Yes I do see the coils fail.

/ 50-56 code
Update:
New solenoid on and everything running normal.
Thx all

/ 50-56 code #23  
All, I have this same problem as of yesterday when my TC stopped dead and threw a 50-56 code

I PM'ed Tim to see if he still had the diagnostic info.

If not can anyone give me the steps to work though this?

Thanks to all,

Matt

/ 50-56 code #24  
Hi All,
Attached in a PDF format, please find the diagnosis chart I used while chasing the 50-56 error code but am having a 'senior moment' trying to attach. FWIW, the error code can be thrown by the littlest item. After many attempts to fix it came down to a poorly 'crimped' connection at the dash controller. Let me know if this is helpful.

Tim

Attachments

• 50-56 Error Start Point.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 278
   / 50-56 code #25  
This may or may not help but this winter I started my Toolcat to blow snow and it would not move forward or reverse. Shutting it off and restarting did not help. I remembered that when I climbed in that time, I grabbed the steering wheel and it rotated a bit as I climbed in. So, before I tried to pull the codes, I rotated the steering wheel clockwise a bit to try to get it back to the position it was in before I yanked on it. I restarted it and lo and behold I could move the Toolcat forward and backward and I was able blow the snow and haven't had any problems since.

This is just a WAG but I believe that there must be a sensor on the steering gear that I inadvertently rotated away from the last know position the computer had for it and it got confused so it wouldn't let me move the Toolcat.

DEWFPO

/ 50-56 code #26  
I will check things out and get back shortly

/ 50-56 code #27  
A quick follow up to all on my TC and some background.

Right before my TC died I was trying to connect a finish mower and was moving back and forth in work mode slow speed trying to get the right angle to attach the mower in a confined space.

I think Dewfpo gets the prize because his method worked but not right away.

Initially I checked all the fuses but none were blown.

I could not find the 20A slo-blo mentioned up under the right front dash. I wonder if it is on my 2013 unit?

Anyway, with Easter coming and the machine dead, I decided to crab steer the wheels back into alignment like Dewfpo suggested in case that would help. After I did that there was no change so I closed he machine up and resigned myself to pull controllers and check wiring after the holiday.

But when I came back out yesterday, the machine started and ran normally!

It is great to have a working machine back but it would be better to understand why it. Role in the first place!

Anyway, a big thank you to all.

Matt

/ 50-56 code #28  
I don't believe there is any memory for the steering position.My toolcat 5600F started out throwing out the 50 56 code intermittently and I was dead both directions. After starting and stopping to reset it would usually get back to working The frequency only got worse over time and would leave me stranded and frustrated!4 tows to the dealer and 3 thousand dollars later a second dealership consulted with mine and said 90% this problem is in the pilot valve block. It just so happened I though that might be the problem and had ordered a new drive solinoid and pilot valve and had them in a box on the passenger side for 3 of
the of the trips to the dealer but was traveling a lot with no time to to do the work myself.I now have a spare drive module I didn't need and I paid for the dealers education.The Bobcat field rep was no help and made the wrong diagnosis.
Years before this episode I would sometimes get this code only when shifting in to reverse and it wouldn't move.The Bobcat field rep. Guessed right.The back up alarm was shorting out.

/ 50-56 code #29  
Right before my TC died I was jockeying back and forth to try to hitch / pickup the Bobcat finish mower in a tight space. I had the unit in 4 wheel steer and was maneuvering to get the right angle to pick up the mower. Because the mower has a floating plate I seem to have a real hard time getting it seated correctly so I can dog it with the bob-tach latches.

Anyway after like the 4th time maybe going from forward to reverse, I was backing up with the mower attached when it threw the 50-56 and stopped dead.

That made me think it was possible that it could be a steering solenoid like birdgog0304 mentioned.

But your call on the pilot block makes sense as well because of all the directional shifting I was doing.

So are you saying your problem ending up being the pilot block and that is he best spare part to have on hand?

Thanks!

Matt

/ 50-56 code #30  
The problem ended up being the solenoid and pilot valve that allows fluid to pass for drive movement.On my early F I can change 3 out of the 4 solenoids and valves with the block in place.If the brake portion fails you have to pull the block because of a lack of room.So one is for the brake,two are controlled by the joy stick and the fourth might be your problem.These are toolcat specific and Bobcat was out of stock of the joy stick controlled ones when I needed one so I keep spares.Three different solenoids,three different pilot valves,are you a gambling man?Replaceing the drive solenoid and pilot valve can be the cheapest place to start if your problem continues if you do it yourself.
Dave