50 Hour Service Cost

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #41  
Lou - my tractor does not have suction screens. I have a magnetic drain plug and magnetic filters associated with the hydraulic filters. All are wiped off and cleaned when the fluid or filters are changed. Otherwise - as per post #36.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #42  
Lou - my tractor does not have suction screens. I have a magnetic drain plug and magnetic filters associated with the hydraulic filters. All are wiped off and cleaned when the fluid or filters are changed. Otherwise - as per post #36.

I found it interesting when I did my 50 hour service on my Branson, the operators manual had no mention of the transmission screen (it did have one picture with no label or info) or the magnetic plate in the transmission or the high pressure return filter on the remotes. I found all of those while searching for a service manual for my model with no luck.
I did find one for an Australian one that was somewhat similar, so when I did my second hydraulic/transmission fluid change switching to a semi-synthectic was when I found and cleaned those.
What also amazed me was the area "factory rep" was clueless about them and the service intervals for them.
Of course I'm not impressed with much of the recommended service intervals, engine oil every 100 hours, OK; engine oil filter only every third oil change, not going to happen; transmission/hydraulic fluid and filter, front axle fluid and planetarys every 300 hours, I guess maybe, I'll actually do it every 2 to 3 years depending on use, regardless of hours.
Yea when you get to the full size tractors fluids get expensive, mine takes a bit over quarts of oil and 15 gallons of hytran.
And then when they get a bit larger the IH 7230 takes almost 50 gallons of hytran and over 5 gallons of engine oil, spring timechanges get expensive when you working with half a dozen of those, glad its the farms pocket book and not mine.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #43  
Yea when you get to the full size tractors fluids get expensive, mine takes a bit over quarts of oil and 15 gallons of hytran.
And then when they get a bit larger the IH 7230 takes almost 50 gallons of hytran and over 5 gallons of engine oil, spring timechanges get expensive when you working with half a dozen of those, glad its the farms pocket book and not mine.

**** Lou. That's a lot of oil. Do you farm full time?

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #44  
My brother has the farm, I just help out. Have for quite awhile then I retired so I have more time to put in there

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #45  
I serviced my B2650 HST yesterday. Changed all fluids and filters except front axle which I will do sometime later. All Kubota products, including grease. Cost was about $290 includes fuel filter. 400 hours on the machine.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #47  
Very good.

Is it more like work or play for you?

Well lets call it enjoyable work, but it is work when you put in 3-6 hours mowing, then switch over to hauling or chopping for another few hours its work.
It's not bad work between COPD and having to mind my heart I mostly use the cab tractors for mowing and chopping and hauling, if I'm going to rake or tedd hay on a hot day I'll bring my tractor over for the AC.
But when the weather is cooperating it's still 40-60 hours a week in the tractors.
When we are working cows it's usually a 4-8 hour day, between sorting, running them through the chute for weighing, banding, vaccinations, ear tags and such.
Then throw in having to sort one out on pasture that's having trouble calving to help her, then try to get back into field work.
My brothers place is the farm that he bought from my father that we grew up on, and our father got it from his, we are hoping and it looks like a nephew will try and continue it.
It was dairy for many years, now it's mainly beef, separated into grass feed and corn feed herds.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #48  
Well lets call it enjoyable work.

I'm glad that you have a nice retirement that keeps you healthy and that you enjoy. I'm also glad the land will stay in the family. It's beautiful land out in that area and for me it would never get old looking out over it.

Best regards Lou.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #49  
Of course I'm not impressed with much of the recommended service intervals, engine oil every 100 hours, OK; engine oil filter only every third oil change, not going to happen;

No kidding. My manual says to change oil & filter every *300* hours. This is the first tractor I've ever owned, but that seems a little lengthy to me.

/ 50 Hour Service Cost #50  
Just went into my local napa hub about 10 miles away and picked up two 5 gallon pails of Chevron THF1000 for 39.99 each. They are running a 20% off promo, original price was 49.99 - fyi. Will be doing my 50 hour service now.

Where in NorCal is that NAPA hub?

4635 Northgate Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95834

Thanks for the info! I'll grab a few pails the next time I'm in Sac.