Comparison 50 hp tractor

/ 50 hp tractor
The size of the 5035 is what I liked the most, everything looks heavier built. I would prefer a mainline brand tractor but jd doesn't offer hydro in anything bigger than there 4000 series and they are much smaller never mind being considerable higher in price. Probably able to get parts later on would be one advantage. Don't plan on trading for a long time so that is important to me

/ 50 hp tractor
Went to a farm show last a week ago that had all the brands of tractors I had been interested in, was nice to go from one brand to the other to compare the different features. Left the show thinking that Mahindra or Kioti would be the best choice in brands for me, so went this weekend to look at the Mahindra 5035 hst and the dk50se hst again. Kioti dealer said the dk45 se hst would be easier to find and possibly be at the before April price increase. I am still leaning to the 5035 even though it is more expensive because of its lifting capacity and it is bigger and heavier than any other 50 hp. I hate haggling on prices so what would be a good price for the tractors. I also stopped at the Kubota dealer just to be fair and tested out a mx 5100 and grand l5740, shouldn`t have drove the 5740 because I was really impressed with the hst+ features and how quiet the engine was, just could not justify the price.

/ 50 hp tractor #23  
Went to a farm show last a week ago that had all the brands of tractors I had been interested in, was nice to go from one brand to the other to compare the different features. Left the show thinking that Mahindra or Kioti would be the best choice in brands for me, so went this weekend to look at the Mahindra 5035 hst and the dk50se hst again. Kioti dealer said the dk45 se hst would be easier to find and possibly be at the before April price increase. I am still leaning to the 5035 even though it is more expensive because of its lifting capacity and it is bigger and heavier than any other 50 hp. I hate haggling on prices so what would be a good price for the tractors. I also stopped at the Kubota dealer just to be fair and tested out a mx 5100 and grand l5740, shouldn`t have drove the 5740 because I was really impressed with the hst+ features and how quiet the engine was, just could not justify the price.

I wouldn't assume that being heavy means better. Mahindra builds a good tractor but that is not just because it is heavy. Chinese made vises are heavy, cheap and not very sturdy. Wilton makes strong, sturdy and lighter weight vises but they are more expensive. Kubota builds their tractors lighter but I don't hear about any of them falling apart either.

My point is don't put too much stock in the weight as a basis for buying, there are lots of other things that are more important.

/ 50 hp tractor
I will agree that just being heavier doesn't make it stronger but it seems that a lighter tractor would just require additional weight to get the same capabilities of the heavier tractor

/ 50 hp tractor #25  
I will agree that just being heavier doesn't make it stronger but it seems that a lighter tractor would just require additional weight to get the same capabilities of the heavier tractor

That is true.

And with a lighter tractor if you need it to be lighter you can just take the weights off. With a heavier tractor if you need it to be lighter ... ? :)

/ 50 hp tractor #26  
What are you going to do with the tractor? In my experience so far moving dirt, weight is key and I'm glad I didn't go lighter than my tractor. I can't drive it on my lawn though without making ruts which may be important to you.
If I had to buy again, I would've looked more closely at Mahindra for my type of work. I'm not really thrilled with Indian made anything, but it seems they are pretty good. Also I notice in the specs that their HST versions gain ~400lb:confused2: I would ask you dealers service guy what's up with that? Most tractors only change 30-40lbs with the different transmissions.

/ 50 hp tractor
IndyIan said:
What are you going to do with the tractor? In my experience so far moving dirt, weight is key and I'm glad I didn't go lighter than my tractor. I can't drive it on my lawn though without making ruts which may be important to you.
If I had to buy again, I would've looked more closely at Mahindra for my type of work. I'm not really thrilled with Indian made anything, but it seems they are pretty good. Also I notice in the specs that their HST versions gain ~400lb:confused2: I would ask you dealers service guy what's up with that? Most tractors only change 30-40lbs with the different transmissions.

Will be using it to rotary mow waterways and ditches and to pile brush and limbs, own a three point pto treesaw so I will be looking for a fel grapple also. Any place the tractor will be used making small ruts won't matter. The only thing I might pull would be a land leveler occasionally. Have never owned a tractor with fel but can only imagine how handy it would be.

/ 50 hp tractor #28  
. I also stopped at the Kubota dealer just to be fair and tested out a mx 5100 and grand l5740, shouldn`t have drove the 5740 because I was really impressed with the hst+ features and how quiet the engine was, just could not justify the price.

quality always has a price

/ 50 hp tractor #29  
That is true.

And with a lighter tractor if you need it to be lighter you can just take the weights off. With a heavier tractor if you need it to be lighter ... ? :)

While what you say is true, what if you add that same weight to the heavier tractor? The heavier tractor will always be the heavier tractor.
If a person needs a light weight tractor, then that is what they should buy. But it is just about impossible to have it both ways, or should I say impractical? ;)

/ 50 hp tractor #30  
I would forget about the name and find the one that really works for you,the platform is set up like you like it, gonna spend alot of time there. Get the feel of were the loader joystick is,how loud the motor is,you can add weight but cant change the location of the pedals,levers,etc. A great dealer is hard to beat also,cause know matter what brand,there is always gonna be something, but having someone that will be there for you when you need them,answer question,service/warrenty work,I can even walk into my dealer 6mnths later and they know me by name.....
All the models your looking at are nice,I loaded my kubota 5040's tires and I think she's perfect;)