Comparison 50 hp tractor

/ 50 hp tractor
I would forget about the name and find the one that really works for you,the platform is set up like you like it, gonna spend alot of time there. Get the feel of were the loader joystick is,how loud the motor is,you can add weight but cant change the location of the pedals,levers,etc. A great dealer is hard to beat also,cause know matter what brand,there is always gonna be something, but having someone that will be there for you when you need them,answer question,service/warrenty work,I can even walk into my dealer 6mnths later and they know me by name.....
All the models your looking at are nice,I loaded my kubota 5040's tires and I think she's perfect;)

Layout of the controls, where the position of the pedals are, as well as being able to access the tractors platform from both sides, are some of the reasons I narrowed it down to the kioti and mahindra, both of these are sold by dealers that have been in the tractor business for years. The mahindra is sold by a multi branch caseih dealership that I do business with on my other farm tractors so I am more familiar with them.

/ 50 hp tractor #32  
Layout of the controls, where the position of the pedals are, as well as being able to access the tractors platform from both sides, are some of the reasons I narrowed it down to the kioti and mahindra, both of these are sold by dealers that have been in the tractor business for years. The mahindra is sold by a multi branch caseih dealership that I do business with on my other farm tractors so I am more familiar with them.

I like the Mahindra,actually just talk my father-in-law into an older 5005 model with loader. Its a 50hp 2x4 and it has more lift on 3point than my Kubota,couldnt find the loader specs but stout little tractor. I seen the new 4035(i think thats model number) with 4x4 I like that tractor,something about the old school look I like...

/ 50 hp tractor #33  
Will be using it to rotary mow waterways and ditches and to pile brush and limbs, own a three point pto treesaw so I will be looking for a fel grapple also. Any place the tractor will be used making small ruts won't matter. The only thing I might pull would be a land leveler occasionally. Have never owned a tractor with fel but can only imagine how handy it would be.
It sounds like either tractor would be fine. I'm pulling a 7' 1100lb box blade in clay soil so when its loaded up my tractor is traction/weight limited. As for ditches I have my DK set out wide as possible and its pretty stable, but check to see how wide the Mahindra can get, also it has larger rear tires to load so it could be significantly more stable.

/ 50 hp tractor
IndyIan said:
It sounds like either tractor would be fine. I'm pulling a 7' 1100lb box blade in clay soil so when its loaded up my tractor is traction/weight limited. As for ditches I have my DK set out wide as possible and its pretty stable, but check to see how wide the Mahindra can get, also it has larger rear tires to load so it could be significantly more stable.

I think that the rear wheels could be swapped side to side and gain about a foot of width if needed, front and back tires may not track well though. Does adding fluid help alot when mowing sidehills or is it more for traction. I guess if the tires were only half full it would keep center of gravity low.

/ 50 hp tractor #36  
I think that the rear wheels could be swapped side to side and gain about a foot of width if needed, front and back tires may not track well though. Does adding fluid help alot when mowing sidehills or is it more for traction. I guess if the tires were only half full it would keep center of gravity low.

Load them 75% as normal, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY. ;)

/ 50 hp tractor
MtnViewRanch said:
Load them 75% as normal, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY. ;)

I know it would depend on tractor tire size but how much would it cost to fill the tires and how does it affect the ride.

/ 50 hp tractor #38  
I know it would depend on tractor tire size but how much would it cost to fill the tires and how does it affect the ride.

Cost can vary a lot, depends on what you use to fill them with and if you fill them yourself or if you pay to get them filled. Sometimes you have to pay to have them filled, again it can depend on what you use and where you get it from.

As far as ride, in my opinion the ride is much better. :thumbsup:

/ 50 hp tractor
Looked at tractors again this weekend and have decided to go with the kubota l 5740, am getting it with fel, third funtion and 1 rear remote. Initially I had wanted a mahindra 5035 but after trying out the 5740 with hst+ I decided that it was the tractor for me. I still think the 5035 would be a good tractor but I decided since I plan on keeping the tractor a long time I felt more comfortable with kubota's reputation and future parts availability. That and the hst+ convinced me that spending alot more would be worth it in the long run. Know I just have to decide on which brush grapple to buy

/ 50 hp tractor #40  
Looked at tractors again this weekend and have decided to go with the kubota l 5740, am getting it with fel, third funtion and 1 rear remote. Initially I had wanted a mahindra 5035 but after trying out the 5740 with hst+ I decided that it was the tractor for me. I still think the 5035 would be a good tractor but I decided since I plan on keeping the tractor a long time I felt more comfortable with kubota's reputation and future parts availability. That and the hst+ convinced me that spending alot more would be worth it in the long run. Know I just have to decide on which brush grapple to buy

:dance1: :thumbsup: We are impatiently awaiting pics.