50 hr service (fuel filter)

/ 50 hr service (fuel filter) #11  
Have the engine warm before changing the filter so the start will be easier, When I changed my DK45 it took three or four stumbling starts before it would run.

/ 50 hr service (fuel filter) #12  
Make sure you loosen the filler cap to vent the fuel tank after replacing the filter bowl then turn the valve to air.

/ 50 hr service (fuel filter) #13  
If there isn't water, or other debri visible in the bowl, the filter hasn't change color dramatically, and your tractor's power is normal, I'd leave it alone for a while. A fuel filter with 100 or more hours on it, is a much more efficient filter than a new one.

As far as the manual suggesting a cleaning of the filter every 100 hours.....that's nuts. If I'm going to take it apart, it's going to be changed.

Like someone else said.....unless you've had some crappy fuel, your filter will go far longer than 50 hours. Changed my CK's the first time at 275 hours, and didn't really need to then. Haven't done it since....now at 561 hours. I might add that I do use Power Service additive, and faithfully treat every gallon of fuel, winter and summer.

/ 50 hr service (fuel filter) #14  
Like someone else said.....unless you've had some crappy fuel, your filter will go far longer than 50 hours. Changed my CK's the first time at 275 hours, and didn't really need to then. Haven't done it since....now at 561 hours. I might add that I do use Power Service additive, and faithfully treat every gallon of fuel, winter and summer.
I think the last time I changed my fuel filter was when I had to change my fuel bowl at around 1000 hours.
(forgot to write it down, I general keep track of my oil or filter changes and services done)
I'm at 1986 hours now.
Probably wouldn't hurt to throw a new filter in my next service. :)