5150 smoke problem

/ 5150 smoke problem #21  
I'm not jd110 but I'll state the first wiring schematic and F4

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 103
   / 5150 smoke problem
Tx and/or jd110....I have a problem opening the panel marked with a red +. The panel has two bolts on the side and a large screw on top. Same on the other side. I removed the two bolts and screw and cannot get it out. There are two panels. I am doing all of this to get to the fuse box which is inaccessible unless I can remove the panel. Should I just bang on it and pull it back, or is there any other issue?
Snowblower in action with +.jpg

Last edited:
   / 5150 smoke problem
Tx...The schematic you chose was correct. I removed the front panel, and removed the fuse. I did remove the side panels, but didn't have to. I now have dash lights working for the tachometer, hour gauge, battery, oil pressure, and quite possibly the temperature. The fuel gauge, brake lights, and turn signals do not. The wires attached to the ignition show no damage, so that's a BIG relief. It was snow as I suspected. Thanks, everyone for your help.

/ 5150 smoke problem
Cheoh...I have to say that my battery IS RATHER LARGE. Locating it in the front made that obvious. I had been looking at a lot of used tractors and must have remembered one of those. I'm such a newcomer to JDs.

/ 5150 smoke problem #25  
I'm glad to hear you got at part of the lights/gauges operating.