54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #11  
I got lowes to accept my mower return ( same day) only because i told them i would disputing the charge on my credit card.

At my local lowes, the mowers sitting outside are filthy dirty and sun faded.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #12  
maybe consider getting a used quality zero turn w/maintenance record... you could always have a reputable mower shop check it out for a nominal charge. agree w/above posts that getting an entry level mower from big box stores would be a mistake.
my guess is that you could find one for 3-4k as long as you do your homework on it's condition imho

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #13  
Ive seen new gravely zt mowers in that price range.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #14  
And welcome to TBN!!!

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #15  
I have the Husqvarna yth2448 tractor-been awesome, had it since 2006. I have 400 hours on it now and to date only required one new bearing on the deck(Middle one), one deck belt, and throttle linkage broke and had to be welded-and one battery and i'm on my 4th set of blades-2 HI lift and 2 Mulch. Still runs like new and mows like new-I have 1.5 acres of rough lawn with .75 of that always wet.
My only advise is to make sure the deck you get is either grey or orange (preferably orange) not black. Mine is grey...

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #17  
Looks like my husqvarna has a K57, which has done well for 10 yrs. I go up some steep hills.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #18  
I can tell you Husqvarna has real good customer service but in my case it was through a dealer that I experienced it. My son had a ZTR of theirs that he bought at his local dealer. Rarely used the thing. Went out of 3 year warranty with only like 40 -50 hours on it as I recall. Then one of the Hydro's failed on it. Well... the dealer went to bat and dealt with Husky and Husky stepped up to the plate and replaced both hydros on their dime. It was like a year out of warranty. But it was the good relationship of the dealer with Husqvarna that made the difference.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet
Thanks a lot for all the inputs. I will definitely try to seek a dealer now after getting your feedback. There is a small club cadet dealer in town and my have to drive a bit but i will also seek a husqvarna one.

Something that i failed to mention on the initial post is that im not trying to tow anything, mainly just mow and that will be it. Should i also be seeking for a zero turn? They seem to be pricier plus maintenance seems more complicated

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet