54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #31  
My advice is buy a used commercial zero turn off CL before a box store mower. even if it has a bunch of hours if it’s been taken care of it should give you less problems and you’re time mowing will be greatly reduced

Brett

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #32  
I wish my Husqvarna YTH54 something or other piece of crap would have been a little better. Runs great goes forward great. Will not back up worth a crap. Repair guys I called all said that it's a safety feature. BS. Plus all of the steering tower bolt and hood bolt holes cracked and I have had to continually weld on this tin can since I got it. Finally said enough is enough and bought a Gravely HD52 ZT mid range priced and never looked back. Now I'm not sure now why anyone would even buy a yard tractor. The Zero turns mow 3x faster, Throw grass 3x farther and turn on a dime. My wife on the Gravely runs circles around the yard tractor. Lastly, It goes backward as fast as it goes forward.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #33  
We had a JD LA130 that was bought at the local JD dealer and ran it for about 4 or 5 years and it never missed a beat, not a spit or a sputter. I wish I had kept it just for the bagger. Sold it for $1600 with about 150 hours on it. I wish I could say the same for our JD X720. It's been a thorn in my side since we got it. My wife mowed her sisters yard with and it just died with like 50 hours on it. I called Deere and told them to just come out pick it up. They claim it had water in the gas. Strange that the gas came from the same station we have been buying from for years and no problem, not covered under warranty. It's never ran smoothly from idle up to about 3/4 throttle. It smooths out above that. I've changed plugs, air filters, fuel filters and a new battery just to make sure the fuel pump was getting the correct amount of power. I've ran Seafoam, Lucas Fuel Treatment, Stabil, etc. through it. We've been running nothing but non-ethanol gas in it for about 3 years and it's helped some. The old LA130 always ran smooth as sewing machine and a bagger would cost me about $1600. for the X720. I tried to get my wife to buy the diesel when she picked the X720 out but she wanted a gas engine, go figure for a farm girl, I can't figure her out not when they have a 500 gallon diesel tank.

So unless they have drastically changed these lower end models I don't understand what all the throwing off on them is about. I think they'd be fine for some people unless they have changed them.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #34  
Sorry to hear about your X720, my 2014 X750 with 60"HD (9 iron deck painted yellow) has been flawless, and what a beast it is on mowing power. Off road diesel, (no road tax and about 3/4 gallon per hour at WOT), and the 40amp alternator as standard equipment verse the 20 amp one on gas model, makes it a good deal. 3 cylinder diesel also verse 2 cylinder gas. Another no brainer choice. Bite the bullet and sell it, or trade it in on a X750 diesel. It'll only hurt for a while, then you will smile the rest of the time after that! The diesel is a torque monster, runs smooth like an electric motor, and is amazingly quiet.

/ 54 inch mower Husqvarna vs Troy-Bilt vs JD vs Club Cadet #35  
My advice is buy a used commercial zero turn off CL before a box store mower. even if it has a bunch of hours if it’s been taken care of it should give you less problems and you’re time mowing will be greatly reduced

Brett

I've been following this thread with interest because I also am looking for a garden tractor. I wish my Craigslist had good used equipment. It's almost all junk and definitely all overpriced.