5510 or 6210

/ 5510 or 6210 #51  
Vernon, I'm like Mark; I wonder why you think the geared tractor would be better. If you're going to be mowing and tilling with it . . . .. Oh well, I guess that's the reason they make the different ones. I just hope I never have to mow again without a hydrostatic transmission.

Bird

/ 5510 or 6210
I did mean r1. Sorry to confuse you. We are thinking more the gear beacause we both like to be able to just put it in gear and use the hand throtle. We've been thinking about getting a backhoe. Any one else have one for their tractor? What are the backhoes like to get off? Is it difficult? We would be using it for digging trenches, putting in culverts, possibly posts, small pits, digging up stumps and anything else we need it for. If we decide on getting a backhoe we will get the 4500 or 4600. Would a backhoe for his skid steer be better? We don't know if we really need the extra loader since he has the JD 250 skid steer and 5410 w/ 541SL loader.

/ 5510 or 6210
My brother and I finally bought our small multi use tractor. We chose a JD 4300 4wd,SyncReverser,and IndustrialTires. We chose to get a Woods RM660 rear mower,and a JD 660 tiller. If we feel we need the loader we are going to go back and get it. A front blade is a posibility.