5510 or 6210

/ 5510 or 6210 #31  
The company is Belltec Industries, Inc at po Box 270 Belton TX 76513 (800)242-9410. It is a complete unit that mounts on a CAT II 3 point system and then locks it in place. It has two hydraulic cylinders that apply several thousand pounds of downforce to a carbide tipped auger. Need a heavy tractor. The system actually lets you get as close in to a fence or building as a standard auger. They will drill through either chunk rock or solid rock. You can get augers for T post size holes or larger ones. They are not cheap. The guy across the street bought one and I watched him using it. Made short work of an impossible task with most augers that would just jump around in the hole. He had it on a 65 HP Case Tractor. The auger is also turned by hydraulics, so you have to have two sets of external valves or take the bucket lines loose so you can drive the downpressure cylinders and the very powerful hydraulic motor on the auger.

I have considered getting one just to see how much business you can get drilling post holes in rocky areas.

/ 5510 or 6210
The soil here is really good soil for plowing and cultivating, so if I got a heavy duty posthole digger it would more than work. There is very little rock. Another day of using my 6310 and what a great day it was. hooked up to my log trailer to move some wood and it pulled the trailer much better than my 2355 used to. I'm going up to my deere dealer on monday to make the final purchase for 6310. I'll tell everything it has on monday after I get back.

/ 5510 or 6210 #33  
Vernon,

The Danuser should work just fine for you. They have been in the business for many years and are well respected by everyone.

/ 5510 or 6210
What are the JD posthole diggers like? It was my brother looking for one and land pride makes a model that is rated up to 65 PTO hp I think. He want's to get one for his larger tractor he's going to buy.
ejb-what is your tractor like on the road? Does it have good speed? My brother has narrowed it down to either the 5410 4wd with the 541 loader and open station with the canopy or the same tractor with the cab. I think he's going to have quite a good tractor with or without the cab. My brother is also thinking about getting the 250 JD skid steer with the 12" tires. Have you heard anything about these new skid steers? I saw the 250 when I was up to buy my 709 bush hog and it looked like a good machine.

/ 5510 or 6210
I bought my tractor today, and did I ever get a good one. I get the 6310 4wd w/cab and 640SL loader. It has the 38" tires, 24F/24R PowerQuad w/left-hand power reverse transmission, 4 Deluxe SCV's, dual 540/1000 PTO rpm, front fenders, fuel tank bottom gaurd, 110-volt block heater, lighting enhancements and beacon light, AirComfort seat, AM/FM sterio. Aside from the regular bucket I got the pallet forks and round bale spear.
My brother went up to our DEERE dealer today with me and he checked out the 250 skid steer too. He liked it so much that he is getting a demo of it tomorrow.

/ 5510 or 6210 #36  
vernon...congrats and enjoy it. Let us know how it performs for you.

/ 5510 or 6210
My brother just got his 250 skid steer today andd he has been using it to work on his buildings. He sais it works great. He also decided to get the 5410 4wd with the 541SL loader and the cab. He also got that delivered today. He thinks it is a great machine and he wants to thank you, ejb, for the advice on trying the 5310 and 5410. He's used it to move lumber around and feels that the 5310 wouldn't have had the horsepower he needs. He's also glad he got the 4wd because if he didn't he wouldn't have been able to move some of the lumber because the groungd is soft in places because it rained quite hard last night and some more this morning.

/ 5510 or 6210 #38  
I am glad he is happy. There is, as your brother found out, a huge difference between the 5410 and the 5310. Glad he made the right decision and glad I could help.

/ 5510 or 6210
ejb. I forgot. I got the hooks mounted on the back of the bucket too. I bought a new bucket like the original too, so that if I bent the one with hooks I would still have a bood bucket I could use. My brother bought his 250 skid steer and 5410 today. He likes them alot. he got the pallet forks and round bale spear for both. He also got the high volume bucket for his skid steer. I know I just bought a new tractor but i drove the 250 aroud helping him build his new barns and I like it too. It would probably be better for cleaning out my cow barn. It would also be very handy in the woods I think. You could put the tracks on it and you shouldn't have any problems getting around. My brother is thinking about getting the 4600 4wd w/the gear transmission with the 460 loader. Can you use 541SL implements on the 460?

/ 5510 or 6210 #40  
As far as using the 541 implements on the 460 loader, I am not to sure, but I bet your dealer would know.

As far as the 4600, it seems like a pretty nice machine, but if your brother bought a 5410, the 4600, although a tad smaller, seems like there would be an awful lot of overlap in capabilities between the two? In other words, there are probably only a few things that the 4600 could do that the 5410 couldn't do as well (except perhaps mowing), but if all you want to do is mow with the thing, you could probably get by with a smaller tractor.

Did you two guys win the lottery lately? Between the two of you it sounds like you have spent close to $100K, if not more, at your JD dealer???