55HP Tractor

/ 55HP Tractor #11  
Get on the list now if you want a tractor in the next 6 months. I'm on the wait list for a UTV, having been told the wait is 10 - 12 months.

/ 55HP Tractor #12  
Looks like you're located in Georgia. Branson HQ is located in Rome, Georgia, so it maybe a brand to consider.

They have the 5520H, both Cab or ROPS, 55 HP tractor, 4 speed hydrostatic transmission, 2700 lbs lifting capacity at max height, probably the best turning radius of the market, Kukje/Cummins engine, very little electronics with a really heavy duty construction.

/ 55HP Tractor #13  
Two year old MX6000 ROPS model - now with 475 hours from finish mowing, brush hogging, grappling, tree hauling and clearing on 35 acres.

It's been a good-un. It's done everything I've asked with no issues...and enjoyable to operate.

I ordered it with the 3rd Function kit for the grapple...added (3) rear remotes after the purchase. Both features have added immensely to its productivity.

Just my experience - not intended to suggest Kubota over any other brand.

..//Terry

/ 55HP Tractor #14  
They are all good... Until they break that is. Not all break but some do. I base my tractor purchases ENTIRELY on the how good the dealer is, not the brand. A poor dealer will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth (experience) eventually. Non issue with me.

/ 55HP Tractor #15  
Looking to get a 55 hp or so tractor with loader. I want 4WD and HST. Use will mainly be bushhogging and box blade/land plane work. Dealers near me include Kubota, JD, Case and Massey Ferguson. Availability will probably be an issue as Case dealer will have no more for quite a while. MF may be several months, same for Kubota. What other brands are worth looking at? I am not familiar with Kioti, Mahindra, Yanmar etc and would rather wait a few months rather than settle for sub par quality. Thanks.

Ever consider going up a size to a full sized 55 HP utility tractor if you are looking at a 55 HP machine, doing ground-engaging work, and running a brush hog? At least around here, they are much easier to come by than a larger compact. I personally have a Deere of that size and find that it does an excellent job at brush hogging and using a box blade, and it has been a solid machine. Kubota, CaseIH/New Holland, and Massey-Ferguson all make a 55ish HP utility tractor as well.

/ 55HP Tractor #16  
Ever consider going up a size to a full sized 55 HP utility tractor if you are looking at a 55 HP machine, doing ground-engaging work, and running a brush hog? At least around here, they are much easier to come by than a larger compact. I personally have a Deere of that size and find that it does an excellent job at brush hogging and using a box blade, and it has been a solid machine. Kubota, CaseIH/New Holland, and Massey-Ferguson all make a 55ish HP utility tractor as well.
You loose HST when moving up to a utility.

I'd upgrade my MX in a heartbeat if they started offering the small utilities with a HST.

/ 55HP Tractor
You loose HST when moving up to a utility.

I'd upgrade my MX in a heartbeat if they started offering the small utilities with a HST.
My thoughts exactly, I know you probably lose a little power with the HST but I am not getting any younger so the simpler controls are important for me.

/ 55HP Tractor #18  
My thoughts exactly, I know you probably lose a little power with the HST but I am not getting any younger so the simpler controls are important for me.
Yup. And for mowing or loader work it really dont get any better for the speed and precision control of HST

/ 55HP Tractor #19  
They are all good... Until they break that is. Not all break but some do. I base my tractor purchases ENTIRELY on the how good the dealer is, not the brand. A poor dealer will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth (experience) eventually. Non issue with me.
When I bought my Massey 1250 some 28 years ago the dealer was only 45 minutes away. A year later that dealer went out of business and the nearest was now 90 minutes away and not really all that good.

I'd say it is not good to base a tractor (or any other) purchase on any one SINGLE factor, especially one potentailly as transient as that.

/ 55HP Tractor #20  
I've always been with the same dealer. An old, long established, farming family. They know how to and will treat a customer right.

Forty years ago - my first tractor - Ford 1700 4WD. Upgraded to a Kubota M6040 in 2009. The only shocker - upgrading most all my implements to Class 2 - $$$$.

Both my tractor were/are geared.