55HP Tractor

/ 55HP Tractor #71  
Except, I am.

And is torsion the only force that piece is expected to endure?

You have an orange tractor in your profile so I know your word automatically trumps mine, but I brought a caliper with me when I went to look at these and the measurements were not what you claim.

You know what? You're right. You win. I'm the one with the inferior loader. This is tiring and I don't have any reason to continue arguing this obvious point with people who go out of their way to avoid seeing it. OP is not going to buy an LS.
You went out of your way to try and convince everyone that the LS loader is superior and all else is inferior.

So what were the measurements of the torsion tube, upright post, and the plate where it attaches to the block if they were not roughly what I suggested?

The fact is....across ALL brands....there isnt a rash of loader failures. loader mounts dont fail, and arms and pins dont break. Bout the only thing that frequently happens.....to several brands.....is twisting the torsion/timing tube for the SSQA when a grapple or bucket comes off one side....or curl cylinders bend/break from improper use. I think all the manufactures do a pretty darn good job engineering and sizing the loaders to match the tractors they put them on. And to think one is superior or inferior to another simply based on looks is a fools errand.

/ 55HP Tractor #72  
You went out of your way to try and convince everyone that the LS loader is superior and all else is inferior.
Not everyone. Just the OP. Then "everyone" jumped on my back about it and I had some misguided sense of duty to defend my point.
So what were the measurements of the torsion tube, upright post, and the plate where it attaches to the block if they were not roughly what I suggested?
They were roughly what I suggested. 1/4" (actual dimensions metric of course)
The fact is....across ALL brands....there isnt a rash of loader failures. loader mounts dont fail, and arms and pins dont break. Bout the only thing that frequently happens.....to several brands.....is twisting the torsion/timing tube for the SSQA when a grapple or bucket comes off one side....
imagine that! A tube, twisting?! :LOL:
I guess I picked the wrong thing to allow this discussion to become narrowly focused on. I should have talked about the SSQA torsion tube instead. But I won't go there now, not after I've already waved the white flag.
or curl cylinders bend/break from improper use. I think all the manufactures do a pretty darn good job engineering and sizing the loaders to match the tractors they put them on. And to think one is superior or inferior to another simply based on looks is a fools errand.
If only everyone could see the world the way you do. Ugly men and fat women could find love and there would be no "Chevy guys" or "Ford guys."

/ 55HP Tractor #73  
We just bought an RK55 before Christmas. With all the snow we got in NW PA this past winter the cab has been a blessing, I'm not getting any younger! And we choose the hyd transmission as it is very nice when doing FEL work, I basically just use the FEL to move all of our snow and works fine around our hobby farm. As you may or may not know these tractors are made by TYM and many of the parts are interchangeable with Mahindra tractors. I researched hard before buying and I will always go Green first, (my main two tractors are both green) but just couldn't stomach the significant price difference between green, blue, orange, or big red in comparison for the RK, $25K difference in price. Will it work out in the long term, not sure, but putting only 100-150 hours on it annually, well we'll see... I would have probably went with a Mahindra as I know they are great tractors, several of my neighbors have them, but couldn't find a new one in this HP range anywhere near here. Oh and one final thought, my wife loves the new tractor with the cab, heater, radio, and easy to drive transmission!

/ 55HP Tractor #74  
Looking to get a 55 hp or so tractor with loader. I want 4WD and HST. Use will mainly be bushhogging and box blade/land plane work. Dealers near me include Kubota, JD, Case and Massey Ferguson. Availability will probably be an issue as Case dealer will have no more for quite a while. MF may be several months, same for Kubota. What other brands are worth looking at? I am not familiar with Kioti, Mahindra, Yanmar etc and would rather wait a few months rather than settle for sub par quality. Thanks.
I was at a Kubota dealer yesterday. The lot is full of tractors. Why are you so sure you need 55 hp?

/ 55HP Tractor #75  
Not everyone. Just the OP. Then "everyone" jumped on my back about it and I had some misguided sense of duty to defend my point.

They were roughly what I suggested. 1/4" (actual dimensions metric of course)

imagine that! A tube, twisting?! :LOL:
I guess I picked the wrong thing to allow this discussion to become narrowly focused on. I should have talked about the SSQA torsion tube instead. But I won't go there now, not after I've already waved the white flag.

If only everyone could see the world the way you do. Ugly men and fat women could find love and there would be no "Chevy guys" or "Ford guys."
This isnt singling out LS. They ALL can have issues from time to time.

You are trying to make the point that LS is superior.
Im simply stating that no one single MFG of loaders is superior or inferior. They all can and do break.

You can find similar threads across ALL models

/ 55HP Tractor #76  
This isnt singling out LS. They ALL can have issues from time to time.

You are trying to make the point that LS is superior.
Im simply stating that no one single MFG of loaders is superior or inferior. They all can and do break.

You can find similar threads across ALL models
🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️

/ 55HP Tractor
I was at a Kubota dealer yesterday. The lot is full of tractors. Why are you so sure you need 55 hp?
I could probably get away with a little less. I want to pull a 6ft bush hog. I may need to move a round hay bale. I would just rather have a little more tractor than I need rather than not enough. The Kioti comes in a 50Hp which is still plenty for me and it may be a little less expensive. Most of the mowers I have looked at need at least 30 pto HP and the 50HP Hst models deliver about 39 pto hp, so I would be comfortable with the 50HP

/ 55HP Tractor #78  
With the reference to 3/4" plate I was referring specifically to the interface between the loader and the tractor. It is hard to find good pictures of this on the internet but I did my best (hence why recommend looking in person).

LS:
View attachment 736625
Deere:
View attachment 736626

MF:
View attachment 736627

Kubota:
View attachment 736628

New Holland:
View attachment 736629

But that's just one example. You really need to look at one and then the other (better yet side by side), look over the whole loader. Look at how the loader is tied in all the way to the back axle (or not), look the size of the cylinder rods and the pivot pins they use, look at the gussets (or lack of), the gauge of the metal used throughout, you'll see what I mean.

The pictures here really do not give a good comparison of the mounting brackets. One, these tractors are not all the same size. The NH Boomer 50 and LS XR4140H are the same size (large frame compact), the Kubota L3901 is a medium frame compact, the MF 2605 is a little larger at about the same size as a Kubota MX, and the Deere 5055E is a full sized utility tractor (and a 2014-2017 model with the hood several inches higher than the current version of this model.) This pretty significantly affects the relative scale of the parts being looked at. Two, only two of those tractors have a factory loader, the MF and the Boomer have aftermarket loaders, which is really not germane to a discussion about OEM loaders. Three, at least on the Deere, there are two OEM loaders available and they look a lot different, the 512 is the smaller loader and the 520M loader is much larger than any of the loaders seen in pictures here. Four, the pictures here do not show the mounting brackets very well at all, quite a bit of them are not visible, nor do they show how well the loader is attached to those brackets.

I have seen all of these tractors in person except the Massey-Ferguson. The Boomer 50s I have seen have had New Holland (Quicke/ALO) loaders on them rather than an aftermarket Lewis loader. The LS loaders on the XR4 series are smaller loaders than the 260TL/260TLA on the identical Boomers, and the NH loaders have about an extra foot and a half of lift height. The brackets did not look particularly cheesy to me on them. The Deere 512 loader has more capacity and lift height than any of the others, but then again it is on a full sized utility tractor rather than a compact and compared to the LS and NH loaders, it is not a quick release loader and parts in it that are welded and boxed are plates and pins on the LS and NH loaders. Its mounting brackets are also larger than the others, but again, it is a loader for a full sized utility tractor. It only looks small because the tractor it's mounted on is significantly taller than the compacts shown here.

/ 55HP Tractor #79  
Then you have a reading comprehension problem.
I took that to simply mean you used the wrong word. You inferred meaning from what they wrote. Only the writer can tell if something was truly implied, but readers can infer whatever they wish. What I mean is that I cannot possibly say you implied anything, but I can infer what you mean. You may infer that something was implied, but if it was not actually implied by the writer it is just your inference, not his or her implication.

/ 55HP Tractor #80  
I took that to simply mean you used the wrong word. You inferred meaning from what they wrote. Only the writer can tell if something was truly implied, but readers can infer whatever they wish. What I mean is that I cannot possibly say you implied anything, but I can infer what you mean. You may infer that something was implied, but if it was not actually implied by the writer it is just your inference, not his or her implication.
Not sure I follow what you are trying to say.

I said:
Dang....a post implying that LS is a better designed and engineered loader than deere and kubotas :ROFLMAO:

Then the person I was saying it about replied:
No implication intended. I meant to say it flat out.

Then someone claimed:
They never said anything that you implied.
I then I said they have a comprehension problem. Maybe that was too harsh.....maybe they just missed the post I dont know.

But Unsure why this is being brought back up or why the fancy talking in circles.