Dirt Moving 6 way box

/ 6 way box #1  

desertmike

Haven't posted in a number of years but my login still works. Bought a Kubota MX5200 HST in Feb. Came with 72 inch loader, 72 inch quick attach box scraper with top n tilt and hydraulic rippers and tilt l/r, and a Landpride Land Plane. Also bought an after market 66 inch skeleton rock bucket. Looking to make the box a true 6 way. I had a Iseki Landhope 240 for 15 years and just sold it. The scraper was a true 6 way gannon. Up/down, top/tilt, and left tilt and right tilt. Also had a control that would make the gannon level with the tractor when pushed. Did some research and couldn't really find anything. Is there a kit to do what I'm looking for? I'm sure I left out some needed info.

/ 6 way box #2  
Your post has me confused.

Sold an Iseki Landhope 240. Bought a Kubota MX5200 HST in Feb. MX came with a 72 inch box scraper with hydraulic rippers. Also bought an after market 66 inch skeleton rock bucket.

Looking to make the box a true 6 way. The Iseki scraper was a true 6 way gannon. Up/down, top/tilt, and left tilt and right tilt. Also had a control that would make the gannon level with the tractor when pushed. Is there a kit to do what I'm looking for?

Box Scrapers do not come with Top & Tilt. Top & Tilt is installed as replacement components on the Three Point Hitch so it works with ALL your implements, not just one implement.
The "Top" is a hydraulically adjustable Top Link. The "Tilt" is a hydraulically adjustable Lifting Rod, usually installed on the left side of the Three Point Hitch. Hydraulic Top & Tilt operation requires two pairs of (optional) hydraulic ports at the rear of your tractor.

Up/down, top/tilt, and left tilt and right tilt.

With Top & Tilt your Three Point Hitch should provide these adjustments now.
A manually adjustable Top Link and a manually adjustable (right) Lifting Rod is NOT hydraulic Top & Tilt.

I understand your Box Blade has hydraulically operated rippers.

For Top & Tilt + hydraulic ripper activation you need three pairs of (optional) hydraulic ports installed on the rear of your MX.
Do you have three pairs of rear hydraulic ports?

What is it you want to accomplish? What additional function do you want? Relative to which of your implements?

Last edited:
   / 6 way box #3  
I had a Iseki Landhope 240 for 15 years and just sold it. The scraper was a true 6 way gannon.

Gannon is the brand name of a construction grade Box Blade with beginning weight of 1,000 pounds.

Last edited:
   / 6 way box #4  
-----------------------
Looking to make the box a true 6 way.----------------- The scraper was a true 6 way gannon. Up/down, top/tilt, and left tilt and right tilt. Also had a control that would make the gannon level with the tractor when pushed. Did some research and couldn't really find anything. Is there a kit to do what I'm looking for? I'm sure I left out some needed info.
Are you talking about this style rear blade?

blade.jpg

/ 6 way box
Sorry for the confusion. Your getting a little technical. I'm familiar with the top and tilt functions. Yes it has 3 separate rear hydraulic ports. Rippers, top (front to back adjustment), hydraulic cyclinder on the right side for left/right tilt. The tilt is not the same on both sides. Sometimes when you say Gannon its the same as saying Kleenex even though its still tissue paper. I want to be be able to tilt the box either left or right and have a control to self level to the tractor when activated. That was a feature on my Iseki Landhope 240 that I was referring to.

/ 6 way box #6  
1)The tilt is not the same on both sides.

2) I want to be be able to tilt the box either left or right and have a control to self level to the tractor when activated. That was a feature on my Iseki Landhope 240 that I was referring to.

1) Hydraulically operated lifting rod is "normally" installed on the left side of the Three Point Hitch. The standard manually adjusting lifting rod "normally" remains installed on the right.

You may have to adjust right/manual side lifting rod to find an adjustment point that is not in conflict/opposition with the hydraulic adjustment on the left. You do not want either left or right threaded lifting rod extended too far or there will be too much stress on only a few threads, with the potential to strip rod threads to flatness.

2) You should be able to tilt the Box Blade by changing adjustment of the hydraulically operated (left) lifting rod. (above)

There is no Kubota kit available automatically level the Box Blade to the tractor. To change the peel depth of the Box Blade use the hydraulically operated Top Link. Also use the Top Link for adjusting Box Blade flat to prudently push dirt with tractor in reverse.

Someone else may know of an aftermarket kit to automatically level the Box Blade to the tractor.

Last edited:
   / 6 way box
Here are some pics of the Iseki and Kubota.IMG_0855.JPG

/ 6 way box
That didn't come out right.IMG_0838.JPG
This is the Iseki

/ 6 way box #10  
In your Iseki pic, the device piggy backed on the side of the tilt cylinder is probably what gave you the ability to self level? That's not a tractor specific device. I sure don't know what to call it. Might take some innovative Google searching.

I have the same setup as you do now. I use three rear remote circuits. I put my manual adjustable side link on the left side. Hydraulic on the right side like yours. By adjusting the length of the mechanical link I can change the amount of left tilt I can achieve. I keep it set where I can run the left side of the blade 2" below the right with the hydraulic link totally collapsed. This still leaves me with a lot of right tilt which is what I use the most.

Does your fixed left link have multiple holes in the bottom end so you could possibly get the same left tilt that I have by changing it's length?