Dirt Moving 6 way box

/ 6 way box #11  
Post #9.

I see your Kubota lifting rods are pinned in the lower holes which positions the Box Blade low. Not too unusual for Box Blades but the upper hole is the standard (default) adjustment.

You might experiment with pinning the lifting rods through the higher holes. If you decide to make the change it can only be accomplished with implement weight removed. Lube the short pins. As I use the lower pin holes occasionally with a toolbar cultivator and occasionally with my box blade, I use ring cotters in place of the factory straight cotter securing the short pins, to facilitate changes.

#1) The length of his fixed link needs changed so he can get left tilt.
YES.

You can "tilt" using lifting rod stirrup holes. Set right side in highest hole. Set left side in one of two lower holes. This method of tilt has advantage of not over stressing threaded lifting rod. Make fine adjustments with hydraulic control.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1a2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1a2.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 46
  • fullsizeoutput_1a3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1a3.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
   / 6 way box #12  
1) Hydraulically operated lifting rod is "normally" installed on the left side of the Three Point Hitch. The standard manually adjusting lifting rod "normally" remains installed on the right.

You may have to adjust right/manual side lifting rod to find an adjustment point that is not in conflict/opposition with the hydraulic adjustment on the left. You do not want either left or right threaded lifting rod extended too far or there will be too much stress on only a few threads, with the potential to strip rod threads to flatness.

2) You should be able to tilt the Box Blade by changing adjustment of the hydraulically operated (left) lifting rod. (above)

There is no Kubota kit available automatically level the Box Blade to the tractor. To change the peel depth of the Box Blade use the hydraulically operated Top Link. Also use the Top Link for adjusting Box Blade flat to prudently push dirt with tractor in reverse.

Someone else may know of an aftermarket kit to automatically level the Box Blade to the tractor.

#1) I've never saw anyone install a hydraulic link on the left side unless they have two. The non adjustable link is on the left The hydraulic link is installed on the right to make it easier to view/control from the driver's seat. All levers are on the right side of the tractor so it's natural to look over your right shoulder.

#2) The length of his fixed link needs changed so he can get left tilt.

/ 6 way box #13  
In your Iseki pic, the device piggy backed on the side of the tilt cylinder is probably what gave you the ability to self level? That's not a tractor specific device. I sure don't know what to call it. Might take some innovative Google searching.

That was a common feature on some of these Japanese tractors. The device attached to the cylinder is just a linear encoder, so the electronics always know the position of the cylinder. This allow for a self leveling feature along with some crazy features that these tractors had back then. Features like 3 pt lifting automatically at the headland when Reverse is engage. I believe the 3pt was also electric over hydraulic like the big tractors had.

Most people don't really know how to use it properly because labels are all in Japanese.

/ 6 way box #14  
From what I have seen, the manually adjustable right side link is moved to the left and the hydraulic link is put on the right.

/ 6 way box #15  
I don't think you will be able to get a box blade to angle (the 5th/6th way) of a true 6-way blade...not sure what the "leveling with the tractor" means...sounds like float (which a 3PH will do normally)

/ 6 way box #16  
From what I have seen, the manually adjustable right side link is moved to the left and the hydraulic link is put on the right.

That's the way most I've seen are done also...

/ 6 way box #17  
That was a common feature on some of these Japanese tractors. The device attached to the cylinder is just a linear encoder, so the electronics always know the position of the cylinder. This allow for a self leveling feature along with some crazy features that these tractors had back then. Features like 3 pt lifting automatically at the headland when Reverse is engage. I believe the 3pt was also electric over hydraulic like the big tractors had.

Most people don't really know how to use it properly because labels are all in Japanese.

Good stuff!!! Thanks for the input and clarification!!!

/ 6 way box #18  
I don't think you will be able to get a box blade to angle (the 5th/6th way) of a true 6-way blade...not sure what the "leveling with the tractor" means...sounds like float (which a 3PH will do normally)

I agree, 6 way usually means "angle" ability. But that's not what he's referring to. "Leveling with the tractor" means the right side hydraulic link will automatically return to a position which puts the 3pt arms "level" with the tractor.

/ 6 way box #19  
That's the way most I've seen are done also...

Yep. I'm afraid in his case he bought the tractor used and the manually adjustable right link is gone.

/ 6 way box
I guess I don't know all the terms for tractor work. When I say 6 way I'm referring to up/dn, tilt left/tilt right, and tilt forward/tilt backward. ptsg has it correct about the Japanese tractor features. After using that tractor for 15 years I figured out how to use those controls and they were very useful especially the self level because you always have a starting point. The Iseki I had was from the mid 1980's. I just kind of figured that after 35 years that would be a standard/nice/add on feature to have.

[QUOTEI agree, 6 way usually means "angle" ability. But that's not what he's referring to. "Leveling with the tractor" means the right side hydraulic link will automatically return to a position which puts the 3pt arms "level" with the tractor.][/QUOTE]

This is what I am talking about.

Also I am not a new member/noob. I did a driveshaft rebuild in the Iseki forum and other posts over the years. They have disappeared.

The tractor was bought new from a dealer.