60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS

/ 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS
I don't sweat the small stuff - nothing a rattle can can't fix in 5 to 10 minutes. These items are heavy duty to work the dirt, not for show.

There is no such things as "partial" excellence. Different color components, paint chips, inadequate padding under pallet straps, variation from web depiction, calls into question credibility of implement and implement producer.

Good restaurants often have a sign where the servers pick up food in the kitchen: IF FOOD IS NOT RIGHT DO NOT SERVE IT.

In my experience as a supplier your friends will inform you of product errors/shortcomings so you can correct deficiencies rather than repeat them.

Last edited:
   / 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS #12  
What you have described/nitpicked can hardly be classified as either a shortcoming or a deficiency. Perhaps with another product, but for a piece of farm equipment - especially one that you had shipped from the dealer/manufacturer - this is quite normal. If this were a production line item that was mass produced and arrived in this 'condition', perhaps you'd have a leg to stand on - or at least sympathetic ears. The product you purchased is basically a semi-custom item manufactured in very small numbers for a very select market. Land Pride and Bush Hog are much larger scale operations, spray on a LOT more paint, and charge a premium price to cover those things. What you have purchased from EA is an excellent product with superior customer service, shipped to your doorstep at an extremely reasonable price. Whining about a bearing that is blue and not yellow is really not fair - or even constructive criticism, I'm sorry. Same with the minor surface rust that glazed the exposed ends of the axle. You will find the same surface rust on all of the unpainted surfaces on any piece of equipment that sits outside any other dealership. Perhaps you'd be happier if those things were taken care of. You'd also be paying another $1000 for the same piece of equipment. Go price a Frontier or Land Pride cultipacker - you'll see.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I think you'll find that you are in the minority with your argument.

/ 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS #13  
i can appreciate that. Like I said..it doesn't seem to mind some folks so to each his own. But I don't want a new 25k tractor skint up any more than I would a new car or truck and don't want a new box blade skint up any more than a new washer or dryer. I think to your point, over time equipment will show normal wear and tear anyway so it's no big deal. I just don't like buying it new and it already looks like that. Of course I keep mine under a shelter and out of the rain too but I bet most wouldn't expect to pay full price for a scratched up washed or dryer either. The problem is more than likely with the shippers but if accepted by the buyer it becomes acceptable to the shippers. Sorry, I'm **** about new purchases. I get the right to discount for those kinds of things at auctions but that's a different story.

Hey, you didn't say anything about dents and scratches on a new tractor. Now that's a different story...:D

/ 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS #14  
First off, thanks, I've started looking at cultipackers, and your pictures are helpful.

Second, I'm sure glad I'm not selling you tractor implements!

I certainly understand wanting truth in advertising, but bearing housings and stands being a different color doesn't really fall under false advertising when you're talking a hand-made utilitarian piece of agricultural equipment....it's going to get hooked up to a tractor (which will immediately chip the paint> and dragged through the dirt, which won't do anything to make it look better! In fact, it's almost certain that with something like the bearing housing, EA would either have to paint it themselves, or pay more to get them in a specific color from the supplier, which would raise the price, and 99.9% of customers wouldn't want to pay extra for it.

I just checked, and if you go to their website, and look at the pictures of the 60" cultipacker, you can see that the bearings are, in fact, blue if you use the zoom function. On the 360* rotating view, at the top (above the various sizes) the stands are black, so they have pictures with both yellow, and black stands....and the YouTube video shows black stands, and blue bearings as well.

If someone wants perfect, they should go to a local dealer, and eyeball the item before accepting it. If they want to save some money, for something of equal quality, and accept that it might have minor cosmetic flaws due to shipping, it looks like EA is a great choice.

Today I used the Cultipacker to roll in deer plot seed from Hancock Seed Company, Dade City, Florida.

I have had minor erosion problems on one gentle slope, an abandoned farm road. I added fill dirt sourced from community burn pile, seeded, then rolled Cultipacker across the slope. Note crushed charcoal in lower-right of closeup.

The lovely grass is Winter Rye, which I hoped would stabilize for the winter but washed out of low areas. When Rye was planted in November I did not have the Cultipacker. As the Rye will die by June, in about two weeks I will overseed the doomed Rye with Argentine Bahia, a pasture grass, and roll the Bahia seed in with the Cultipacker. Rye has 3" roots, Bahia has 8" roots.

(Later) Fanning Springs experienced scattered showers last night. Good for encouraging germination but not enough to overwhelm cultiipacker impressions in fill dirt. Now I need a little warmer weather. We consider February 15 our last frost date but this winter has been considerably warmer than average.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
   / 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS #16  
Nice work on the yard.
Most of my "dirt engaging" implements are adequately served by a coat of paint with a brush. (green and yellow) Regardless what color they came as.
From a short distance they look well enough..........

For the poster that mentioned ribbed plastic pipe filled with concrete...........
My idea exactly. Remember to figure the cubic feet of the tube, and concrete averages about 110lb to the cubic foot......
Post results of your build.

/ 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS #17  
I don't think you are being **** at all. You paid for new and expect something to look new. Some are ok with bad paint jobs but I would be annoyed.

/ 60" CULTIPACKER from EVERYTHING ATTACHMENTS / PHOTOS #18  
I remember some dealer telling me that they use to use chains to hold down the tractors for delivery but switched to straps with the CUTs because they never knew if the owner was going to complain about scratches. Decades of selling large farm tractors to farmers who didn't have the slightest concern about something in their eyes was minor. Around here every dealer I've seen leaves their tractors and attachments outside. Sun fade and scratches from moving attachments is the norm. I like nice perfect paint but I also feel bad getting it dirty or even worse scratching it. Nothing I read would stop me from buying from EA, it wouldn't bother me at all as long as I was getting a great attachment for a price others couldn't beat.

Cultipacker was my second purchase from ETA, so I am a repeat customer.

The cultipacker is stored outside, under a canvas tarp. However, if I am buying NEW I want to put the nicks, dings and scrapes on the equipment MYSELF.

There is nothing wrong with functioning of the cultipacker; it lifts in the three point hitch and the iron wheels turn.

Seed pictured in Post #15 has begun to germinate....after 13 days of pretty cool, moist weather.

Last edited: