Buying Advice 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"??

/ 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"?? #21  
A couple more pictures of SSQA's with measurements I found on here. Plenty on the website here as I assume you already know. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 24370attachmentplate_measurements[2].JPG
    24370attachmentplate_measurements[2].JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 75291d1177387373-here-universal-attachment-mount-specification-sae_j2513[2].pdf
    513.7 KB · Views: 111
  • mpuf-1.jpg
    mpuf-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 191
  • quicktack02.jpg
    quicktack02.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 196
   / 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"??
A couple more pictures of SSQA's with measurements I found on here. Plenty on the website here as I assume you already know. Hope it helps.

Thanks for all this info. It's much appreciated.

I finalized the order with my dealer this morning for a new B3200 with FEL and backhoe. I won't get it till the end of the month, they have to order parts - and I will be on vacation at the time it will be ready.

With all the info you have given me - once I get the tractor in hand I will be able to make a better decision on which way I want to go with a quick attach setup. I'm leaning towards coming up with my own SSQA setup of some sort. I'll have to see how that works out though.

/ 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"?? #23  
Congratulations!!! I am glad you have one coming. What swayed you from the 3300 to the 3200? Must be the mid-pto?

Congratulations!!! I am glad you have one coming. What swayed you from the 3300 to the 3200? Must be the mid-pto?

Well the $1000 difference I heard about is really about 7-800 once you actually start talking prices with the dealer. Plus somebody pointed out to me that the higher 3pt lift specs and the higher PTO HP on the B3300 are taken at a higher rpm level - and that both tractors use the exact same engine.

So that left the larger R4 tires that are available on the B3300 as the only real definitive advantage of the B3300 over the B3200 in my opinion - although I did have one salesman tell me that the 3300 has "different gearing" than the 3200 - which could actually be explained by the different tire sizes (different diameter = different gearing). In the end - I figured that - even though I don't think I will ever use the mid-PTO - the price difference was not enough to justify not getting it in case I ever did need it - I would have a real problem. Reading between the lines - I think the lift specs and PTO HP specs are a wash between the two tractors. The marketing folks at Kubota are playing a game with the numbers.

The larger tires may offer some traction or ground clearance advantages - but the ground clearance thing is sort of non-issue for me - plus it basically makes the backhoe "shorter" because it's that much higher off the ground.

Now I just have to wait - the dealer had to order a couple of things I wanted, and I am gone on a short vacation near the end of the month, so I won't be picking up the tractor til the 30th at the earliest.

/ 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"?? #25  
Nice choice on the 3200.... congrats!

Where did you end up getting if from? We're both NE Mass :)

/ 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"?? #26  
Just have them deliver it, and I'll come down and do you the favor of putting some break-in hours on it while you are enjoying yourself on your vacation. ;);)

/ 60" FEL bucket on B3200/B3300 is "light duty"?? #27  
Congrats Jim,

Enjoy your vacation and what was the final configuration - pallet forks etc? Assume you got the mech thumb and other goodies too? Hows the BX sale process or did you trade?

Carl

Nice choice on the 3200.... congrats!

Where did you end up getting if from? We're both NE Mass :)

I ended up buying from Chappell's in Milford. It's where I bought the BX23 originally and they always treated me good. I compared prices - and there wasn't much of a difference between them and the others I got pricing from. Chappells is probably the closest dealer for me - mostly because I work in Nashua, so I am already halfway there when I go to work each day.

Just have them deliver it, and I'll come down and do you the favor of putting some break-in hours on it while you are enjoying yourself on your vacation. ;);)

I'm sure there would be a line of volunteers if I advertised that. Honestly - I'd rather by playing on the tractor than going on vacation. But I've got to keep the wife happy.

Congrats Jim,

Enjoy your vacation and what was the final configuration - pallet forks etc? Assume you got the mech thumb and other goodies too? Hows the BX sale process or did you trade?

Carl

I didn't get any pallet forks - yet. I got the Kubota quick attach for the FEL - but I may end up converting the whole thing over to an SSQA setup. I need some more time to think about the whole thing and evaluate what I want to do. I figured if I do convert over to an SSQA setup - then I could always sell the Kubota quick attach - I'm sure there is somebody out there who would jump on that.

The trade they offered on the BX was pretty low - I'm going to sell it on my own. I've had a few people say they're interested but no definite bites yet. I'm going thru the whole thing and fixing some of the little things that were wrong and doing the scheduled maintenance on it and so forth.