/ 60 #1  

Titanic

Tractor
B-2410
Measured the tines from one end to the other on a KK 60" tiller. i Came up with 56" twice. Do all manufactures do this . I noticed in the KK brochures they don't mention whether its overall width or cutting width. At least the one i have. Does anyone have a 60" tiller to verify this. I borrowed one to see if my B-2410 could handle it.

/ 60
Sorry guys Don't know what happened with my subject line.

/ 60 #3  
Titanic, I had a Bush Hog RTS40 and always referred to it as a 40" tiller (as did the dealer), but the manual listed tilling width as 38". I never measured it myself, but I had measured the outside tread of my rear tires on the B7100 and it was 40" and the tiller completely covered my tracks. Naturally those tines on each end are going to throw a little dirt out past the ends of the tines.

/ 60
Re:KING Kutter 60

Thanks Bird I was actually happy to see the 60" tiller was only 56" . I have some concerns the tiller is to big. Before the snow hit this week I was able to try it out. The tractor handled the tiller well digging about 5"to 6" and moving at walking pace.Though the manufacturers minimum requirement is 25 HP and I believe 19HP PTO .I have a TSC store about a mile away and they just recieved 2 new 60" King Kutter tillers.
These tillers are well built as you know and the price is hard to bet. I've been searching the posts trying to find someone out there that has used a 60" tiller on a B-2410 No luck so far.:(
PS I see you sold all of you equipment. That was fast. Good luck in whatever direction you may choose. I have enjoyed reading your posts /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 60 #5  

Titanic,

I run a 60" KK tiller with my L210. In my soft dirt it does fine, and I've used it to break new sod without difficulty, though I had to do several passes. There sure have been lots of posts lately about tillers, and it seems my 60" tiller is supposed to be too much for my old L210, but in my soil, and under the conditions I use it, it works just fine. I think the L210 is 20-21 HP, with perhaps 17 pto HP. I have front wheel weights, and could use some more, but I can lift the tiller and roll with it if I don't go up hill!

Chuck

/ 60 #6  

I think that you need to consider the power of your tractor, and the soil conditions. I am running a L3450 (30HP on the PTO) with a 65" Gearmore tiller. Two weeks ago started the tilling season. The soil in the area I tilles was still heavy from the rains, it is an area I till several times a year. I was not careful when I lowered the tiller into the dirt, I did it too fast and almost stalled the tractor. I had forgotten that I replaced all the tines over th winter. The old tines loked like a little "i", the new tines look like a captal "L". My dirt has very few rocks, and not much clay. My guess is that a 60" tiller is a bit large for your tractor. One thing I do for new areas is to use the scarfer bars on the box scraper to break up the ground before tilling. Makes it much easer.

carl