6000 clutch adjustment question

/ 6000 clutch adjustment question #22  
I unthreaded the whole clutch linkage and tried to move the clutch arm back and forth by hand- there's freeplay and I felt something give/release but I didn't force anything. Threaded the linkage back on and at 3/4 up the threaded bolt I started to have freeplay registering. Threaded them a bit more and the freeplay decreased rapidly to 1 or 2" - thought this had solved the problem. However, when I used my foot on the pedal the freeplay disappeared and I had to again wind the turnbuckle all the way upto the beginning of the rod - shortening the linkage. I've included a photo of the linkage and where it is at the moment giving me 4 inches of freeplay and a working tractor - for the time being. It's beginning to feel more like an internal mechanism problem don't you think?

Darren

PS this is a 6500 but guess there's no difference with the 6000 clutch set up. Is the Oz Mahindra tractor linkage the same as the US from the photo?

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 1,043
   / 6000 clutch adjustment question
When I disconnected mine I could not move the lever coming out of the housing. Can you move your linkage by hand? I will take a look at mine again this weekedoes anyone have the service manual instructions?

/ 6000 clutch adjustment question #24  
Hi Slippy,

Freeplay on the clutch arm coming out the housing is half inch and if I pull it towards the back of the tractor it gives with little resistance another quarter inch, making the total play three quarters inch with no resistance at all......
That's as much as I can move it by hand.....

Is the clutch linkage in the photo the same setup as yours?

Cheers

I will see it tomorrow and let you know. As I said, I do not recall any free play in mine.

/ 6000 clutch adjustment question #26  
Update: just had the Mahindra mobile mechanic visit and they're taking in the tractor next week to split it and check out the clutch. I'll let you know what they find out. Thanks for all your replies, this is the most helpful forum I've known.

Speak to you all soon - I hope!!:)
Cheers
Darren

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I did look at mine and it does appear to be the same as yours. However, unfortunately, I can't offer additional help as far as adjustments go. I still have not figured out how I can adjust mine any further. My take is that all the adjustment does is change the free play. The clutch will adjust itself as the clutch plate wears as there is constant tension from the pressure plate. I have never had my tractor split and do not have a service manual, so I am assuming it is similar to a truck or car.
Please let us know what you find out.
Thanks, and I hope it is not too expensive.

/ 6000 clutch adjustment question #28  
G'day all,

Just had the Mahindra mechanic from the next town over (the local dealer has stopped dealing Mahindras :rolleyes:) phone up to tell me that the roller pins holding the clutch fork in position had worked their way loose and this is why the clutch adjustment could not be made...all under warranty:D.....the bad news I have to pay half delivery cost :(...so thinking I might get the 250 hour service done whilst the tractor is there.;)

Thanks again for all the responses, this is a wonderful and supportive forum.

Cheers Darren

Glad you have a diagnosis. My question would be, why? What will keep it from occuring again?