6k Miles Pftttt!

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #11  
Miles mean nothing. Hours on the drive train is what counts. Why do you think AG/Construction/Heavy equipment only has hour metres? That is all that counts.

One without the other is all but useless....they should all have hour and odometers then you can tell how it was really used. If it's got 6k hrs and 3000 miles and the seller tells you they only used it to get their paper each morning you know they are full of it....or if it has 300 hrs but 12000 miles you know they did a lot of riding on smooth surfaces. Hours or miles by themselves don't tell the full story on anything, I remember seeing all the early 90's trucks for sale in 2000's that only had 50-60k miles on them....dealers would all claim they were owned by an older gentlemen that used it to go to town once a week....true story is they were plow trucks and had gobs of abuse on them. Same with an hour meter I know of plenty of tractors where they key was left on and they racked up crazy hours on them until the battery quit.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #12  
One without the other is all but useless....they should all have hour and odometers then you can tell how it was really used. If it's got 6k hrs and 3000 miles and the seller tells you they only used it to get their paper each morning you know they are full of it....or if it has 300 hrs but 12000 miles you know they did a lot of riding on smooth surfaces. Hours or miles by themselves don't tell the full story on anything, I remember seeing all the early 90's trucks for sale in 2000's that only had 50-60k miles on them....dealers would all claim they were owned by an older gentlemen that used it to go to town once a week....true story is they were plow trucks and had gobs of abuse on them. Same with an hour meter I know of plenty of tractors where they key was left on and they racked up crazy hours on them until the battery quit.

Dude..You're all JD now and seem to really dislike RTV's now...That's fine..Just let it go..The RTV buyers knew exactly what they were buying and still purchased. Me included...Would I like more speed and ground clearance, YES...However, JD has nothing like what I bought...I'd love the best of both worlds...It doesn't exist sadly. I'm perfectly happy with what I have and it sounds like you are too...So let it go.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt!
Dude..You're all JD now and seem to really dislike RTV's now...That's fine..Just let it go..The RTV buyers knew exactly what they were buying and still purchased. Me included...Would I like more speed and ground clearance, YES...However, JD has nothing like what I bought...I'd love the best of both worlds...It doesn't exist sadly. I'm perfectly happy with what I have and it sounds like you are too...So let it go.

I have no dislike for RTVs I just laugh at how many people think a RTV is an industrial machine capable of moving mountains and nothing else is capable of anything. As far as all JD that is also not a fair statement, I would consider other models as well if I was in the market. It's funny how many posts there are about how long the RTV lasts or how all the competition is poorly built or weak but you never tire of them....odd. Enjoy the Kool-Aid

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #14  
now that experience and use is impressive! X4!

I can't see the pics either. My four RTV900s all have about 2800 (yes, two thousand eight hundred) hours on them and are less than a year (yes, 1 year) old. They probably average 10MPH, so that's 28000 miles, pulling 2000LBS-6000LBS for every single one of those miles.

Beat that with a gator.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #15  
If I had a Gator instead of the RTV I am sure I would of been through several belts by now, I have to be careful as it is with the Outlander and the RZR when on steep ground at low speed to keep from getting the belts hot or slipping the lugging power on hills is hard to beat the RTV at. Now when I go to the Oregon Dunes the RTV is left in the dust.

Would like to see a Gator haul 34 yards of pea gravel in 37 trips.

David Kb7uns

/ 6k Miles Pftttt!
If I had a Gator instead of the RTV I am sure I would of been through several belts by now, I have to be careful as it is with the Outlander and the RZR when on steep ground at low speed to keep from getting the belts hot or slipping the lugging power on hills is hard to beat the RTV at. Now when I go to the Oregon Dunes the RTV is left in the dust.

David Kb7uns

I thought the same about the belts but a couple folks that had Gators on here and several folks on other boards that had more of a variety of brands owned always said they never changed belts and the only way they would slip would be if they were extremely wet like submerged in water and then you just needed to rev them up to dry them off.....I figured what the heck when I saw the new 850i and decided to look at it. When I was there I saw the 825i and it looked perfect for what I wanted, an equal amount of work and play so I tried it out....the power was outstanding and the ride was exactly what I was wanting compared to the RTV I owned so I bought one. I still had some concerns about the belt but it turns out my concerns were needless, I've used my Gator to plow ridiculous amounts of snow and have yet to slip my belt at all....I've pulled my fiberglass bass boat around including uphill and again I've not had any belt slipping or out of control feeling yet. As for hauling 34 yards of pea gravel in 37 trips I don't see the problem, everybody seems to be under the misconception that all the competition can't work....turns out you can have your cake and eat it too with other brands....get the hard working machine that you can take out and have fun riding on the weekends too.

The area the Kubota has an edge on is their flagship cab w/ heat and AC....you can't get that on other brands....the other brands can have a cab w/ heat but I don't believe any offer AC and the Kubota cab is known to be quieter than the competition.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #17  
I dont need an RTV, My sport\utility quad does it all :) Yes I hauled that load up the hill 10 times with this 5 x 8 trailer. Also use the Rincon for fun, plowing and ice fishing.

Attachments

• dsc01666.jpg
    dsc01666.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 218
   / 6k Miles Pftttt! #18  
I have about 700 miles on my 2011 825i - about 140 hours. So it's encouraging to me to know someone else out there has the same Gator with a buttload more miles than me! :thumbsup:

And I think it's silly to argue RTV v. Gator. In a sense, that's like saying an extended cab 1-ton dually is better than a crew cab 2500. The consumer buys the model that will work the best for them. I bought a Gator because I want something that rides comfortably, has some actual "sport / recreation" elements to it, yet can still work like a boss. I'm not towing around 1500lb trailers with it all day and do not want to. That's what m'tractor or truck is fer! :D

To each his own...but the Gator is better. LOL jk.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #19  
I have no dislike for RTVs I just laugh at how many people think a RTV is an industrial machine capable of moving mountains and nothing else is capable of anything. As far as all JD that is also not a fair statement, I would consider other models as well if I was in the market. It's funny how many posts there are about how long the RTV lasts or how all the competition is poorly built or weak but you never tire of them....odd. Enjoy the Kool-Aid

I'm not drinking any Kool-Aid...I bought what I wanted knowing full well what it can and cannot do....You just seem to be an RTV basher now that you changed brands..That's all I'm saying...JD didn't and still doesn't offer anything like what I have, and that's what I wanted...Just sayin...Take it easy..I personally like the gators and would have bought one if it could have been equipped with everything my 1100 has...Couldn't be done at any cost...It actually would have been more expensive with 70% of the options that mine came with.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #20  

David Kb7uns

Dixie is correct. Destroying belts and Gators is a non-issue, but has been a good talking point for Kubota salesman since it is easy to relate belt failures to agressive clutched machines like high end snowmobiles (or rzr's). Fact is that very few belts are sold for gators. These are still two different types of machines.