7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor #11  
You could always buy a bigger tractor.:)

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor
well after more adjusting and leveling it looks like i have about 3-4" of clearance now. still not much but something i might be able to make do with, it's very heavy but the 3pt doesn't seem to have too much trouble lifting it. i think the size of the disc's (20") make it just a tad taller.

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor
i called the distributor and they no longer exist but are now known as General Implements. the unit was actually made by Darrell Harp Enterprises and was sold under the name King then later changed to Big Bee because of some confusion with another manufacturer, i can only guess who it was.. i was also told at the time this was the best unit available (listing at $1650) on the market because it had sealed bearings vs the cast iron bearings that required frequent greasing, the sales guys said he sold a ton of bearing kits for the cast models because they were always wearing out... Anyway, probably much more than you wanted to know about this, here are some pics..

i'll add a few more tomorrow after i have a chance to try it out...

Attachments

• IMG_1789 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_1789 [1024x768].JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_1791 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_1791 [1024x768].JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1792 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_1792 [1024x768].JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 445
   / 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor #16  
I had been hesitant to make any comment until I saw the pictures. That looks like a pretty good harrow you got there! Great deal too. Probably not too big for the tractor either. May be kind of borderline but not too big. Now we need to see how it performs.

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor #17  
I'd say that that looks like a good disk. However, I think most people prefer the cast, pillow block type bearings rather than the sealed type. At least that is what you see on the heavy duty disks anyway. Still, what you've got there is exactly what I'm looking for! I think you have a great find.

The height problem is exactly what I was talking about above. I think with 3-4" of clearance you should be fine. Just go slow. If you do catch it on something the disks will roll, just make sure whatever you catch it on isn't too hard (rock, concrete) or too nice (lawn).

Can't wait to hear how it works. I'm very jealous!

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor #18  
That is a good disc harrow . If you are in hard clay you will do ok . But if you get in some soil were it can get down to the axle . That will be more disc then that tractor can pull.That Disc can brake a ring on a 35hp tractor for you.

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor #19  
Soil type, how wet ?
Angle you plan to set it at.
Lift capacity - it's a Ku Boo, right ?
Tractor weight (see above), you might need to load the tires.

/ 7 1/2 foot disc harrow and 35hp tractor #20  
I would like to see it hitched to the tractor. Take a picture of it hooked up and post that.