7235 Help

/ 7235 Help #11  
That sounds to me like your battery is not strong enough to turn the motor over fast enough.

I'd better with a bigger battery(more cranking amps) and if you can preheat (do you have glow plugs) the intake air, it will fire provided you have fuel.

/ 7235 Help
Battery is good. Diesel mechanic confirmed something is dragging INSIDE the top end. No way to diagnose while on the hill. Considering options. Thanks.

/ 7235 Help #13  
how many cca is the new battery?
Your tractor only has 1000 hours on it, thats not much for diesel engine.
Who did the service you had done? maybe take it back to them to look at it for you?

/ 7235 Help #15  
Amp draw the starter with an amp clamp or scope. Starter could be dragging, toast.

Diesels need RPM to start, if you do get it started check the charging volts. Should be 14.3 or so running.

Possibly by all the cranking you have flooded the engine. Might have to pull the glow plugs and get the extra fuel out. Could be a good time to do a compression test.

Good luck, Fred

/ 7235 Help
Thanks all for the tips and inquires. The machine sits 2.5 hrs away from my house as a wood lot. The latest is this: The slow starting is due to something inside the engine is moving separately that shouldn't be moving. Top end maybe???? I don't know. I was at the machine yesterday and removed the FEL so access will be easier for engine work.

I don't know whats next. Financial restraints may hinder this project. I'd hate to part this machine out as its like of low hours, and in decent shape.

When I get going on the project, I'll post an update.

/ 7235 Help
This all being said….does anyone here have, or know of a Mitsubishi K3G long or short block available?

Last edited:
   / 7235 Help #18  
Have you investigated any further? Depending on the problem, I may have some parts to help you out on this

/ 7235 Help #19  
Battery is good. Diesel mechanic confirmed something is dragging INSIDE the top end. No way to diagnose while on the hill. Considering options. Thanks.
I wonder if a valve is dragging? My father in-law has a lawnmower that has this problem and every so often he has to adjust the valves as the engine doesn't turn over.

/ 7235 Help
Thank you for the inquiry. I actually hauled the tractor off the mountain yesterday and brought it to one of the best diesel shops in the area. The valve issue may be the culprit…. I hope just the valves. Will post again with the diagnosis.