74 John Deere 830 Hydraulic lift won't go up

/ 74 John Deere 830 Hydraulic lift won't go up #22  
sandytrail
Please explain what you mean by this statement[/quote] In the other setting, it will go up incrementally.[/quote] And which setting does this refer to?

/ 74 John Deere 830 Hydraulic lift won't go up
sandytrail
Please explain what you mean by this statement
In the other setting, it will go up incrementally.[/quote] And which setting does this refer to?[/QUOTE]

Right now I don't recall which setting on the draft control does what, but in one setting (either all the way up or down), when you raise the lift with the quadrant, the lift arms will go all the way up. In the other setting, when you raise the lift with the quadrant, the arms will go up according to how much you move the quadrant. That is the way I understood it. Does that make sense? The way it is now, the implement will raise according to where I put the quadrant lever.

/ 74 John Deere 830 Hydraulic lift won't go up #25  
Right now I don't recall which setting on the draft control does what, but in one setting (either all the way up or down), when you raise the lift with the quadrant, the lift arms will go all the way up. In the other setting, when you raise the lift with the quadrant, the arms will go up according to how much you move the quadrant. That is the way I understood it. Does that make sense? The way it is now, the implement will raise according to where I put the quadrant lever.

If I'm understanding you correctly that is the way the 3 pt is designed to operate. When L/D selector is in "L" 3 pt lowered the 3 pt should fully raise when when quadrant handle is at the last 1-1/2'' of quadrant whereas in "D" move quadrant handle a small amount 3 pt should raise a little then then same thing again unless quadrant lever is moved fully to the rear then 3 pt should raise fully. When lowering 3 pt then the reverse should happen. "L" is designed to only be utilized when plowing to help keep a constant load on engine.

Thanks for the additional info. I was pulling a 2 bottom plow with it just about 2 months ago and I suppose it would have been good to know that. I didn't do a very good job because of the heavy weeds and Johnson grass in that field. Hasn't been worked in years. I am going to run the plow over it again and this time I will put the draft in the correct setting and see how it acts.

/ 74 John Deere 830 Hydraulic lift won't go up #27  
You're welcome. The setting mid way between L & D is usually preferred as it's less sensitive than "D"