8" Jinma Chipper Infeed Roller Feed Shaft Twisting

/ 8" Jinma Chipper Infeed Roller Feed Shaft Twisting #21  
   / 8" Jinma Chipper Infeed Roller Feed Shaft Twisting
I just posted a selling price of $400 online for this easily repaired nearly new chipper, complete with a spare set of new knives. It won't last at this price.

/ 8" Jinma Chipper Infeed Roller Feed Shaft Twisting #23  
To run full 8" material min.30 PTO hp, we have used a 25 hp on 6" and smaller material.
Your use of the word "minimum" is important. Because my experience indicates that much and MORE is required. I initially used mine behind a KM454 (estimated 45 PTO hp), and it spit out absolutely everything it was fed. But behind my John Deere 3720 (35 PTO hp) it has a tendency to bog down with hardwoods over 4" and softwoods over 6". But I'm in the group that Tommy describes, I generally burn 4" and above hardwoods. So with few exceptions, I'd say 35 PTO hp is sufficient for most needs.

//greg//

One potential buyer has asked me if it will run off a 21 HP Kubota having 13.5 PTO HP?

/ 8" Jinma Chipper Infeed Roller Feed Shaft Twisting #25  
I'd advise against it, especially if it's got an electric PTO. I'm not sure it would stand up to the instantaneous shock of trying to move that heavy flywheel. Regardless, there's no way that chipper be used anywhere near full capacity with only 13.5hp input. Even if he does get the flywheel moving w/o damage to the tractor, he's gonna pretty much be limited to shredding leaves and branches. Big stuff? Forget it.

I'm wondering if a 21hp Kubota could actually even lift it, and still be able to steer safely.

//greg//

/ 8" Jinma Chipper Infeed Roller Feed Shaft Twisting #26  
13.5HP? Most definitly not... That thing would drag that kubota to a stop in a heartbeat or two. These things are also not very fun when you underspeed them. The chips stop flowing out the chute and the thing very rapidly grinds to a halt choked on it's own chips. This takes 1-2 hours of hard work to pick out enough chips to get the rotor freed up and rotating again... Thats what happens when the throttle friction works loose and you don't notice the loss of a few hundred RPM:)

Thanks to everyone for the help. Nope...not sold yet.

This machine, with only a few hours on it, was found to be abused beyond the economics of repair and resell. Current plan is to strip it of a few parts and turn the rest into scrap.