800 $ down the drain ?

/ 800 $ down the drain ? #11  
Winters coming on Gunnar. Perfect project to keep you active till the grass is growing.:D :D

/ 800 $ down the drain ? #12  
Sandman, is that motor horizontal or vertical shaft? What size? Would you be interested in parting with it? I am working on a generator project.

Ron

/ 800 $ down the drain ? #13  
Ronbo,
Without going out and looking at it, I think it is an 1105 Kubota diesel. That is a horizontal shaft engine with a hydraulic pump mounted via a shaft on one end, and a pulley on the other. This mower is a hydraulicly run monster. Drive wheels, all 7 reel mowers, steering and maybe even a kitchen sink is optional and all run with hydrualics.
Since the original poster was asking about parts, lets see what he is interested in first. Since his is powered by gas, most likely a diesel engine won't be on his wish list.(Shipping to Norway for that would be crazy!) The last person I gave a price to for the engine didn't like it, and I really don't know what it is worth, but I did price it out for $600 a couple months ago. He never saw the motor, and lives further away than you do. If you have seen any diesel engines for sale lately and can send me links to them, I might have something different to base my price on. I have a Steiner with a 904 Kubota diesel in it, so worse case I figured I could always hang onto it as a backup, but something tells me I am not going to wear the 904 out in this lifetime!
I purchased a 10K generator that a guy had a shop up north build, exactly like the generator that Steiner has for my mower. The 1105 is more hp, so it will should run a larger generator easily. I would think that it would be 28 to 33 hp, or something in that range.
I occasionally make trips to southwest Arkansas, via I-49 in La, so depending on your hurry, that might help shipping out.
David from jax

/ 800 $ down the drain ? #14  
1948berg said:
What happends when you tongue is faster then your brain? You buy an old Jacobsen lawn mower for $ 800 from a guy you work with without knowing the production year, horsepower, or the state of the machine. Jacobsen is little known in Norway, parts are probably hard to get.
Any comforting words out there?????
;) Looks like it would be lots easier on the back than trimmng along ditches and banks with a string trimmer.:D