914A Mowers

/ 914A Mowers #11  
i have the 914a with rear discharge. if you cut the grass more than once a week it doesnt clump. otherwise what you need to do is cut it twice. the big problem with the 914a is that it breaks belts. you should expect to buy a new belt every 10 hours or so.

If you are wearing belts every 10 hours, you've got a pulley out of alignment or locked up and smoking the belt. The shortest amount of time I've gotten out of belt was probably 75 hours and that was after I had hit a stick and it came up on top the deck and gouged the belt. Still ran it 50 hours after that (it had about 25 hours on it when the stick initially did it as I had just changed it). I'm glad I don't have to change mine every 10 hours, that would be every 2 weeks.

/ 914A Mowers #12  
dealer checked out the deck and said everything was aligned and turning fine. the belts have been breaking at the splice. they say they are oem belts. i was thinking of trying a kevlar belt. i think the spindles or the pulleys are screwed up as well, and since the mower only has 150 hrs they should fix it. they dont agree.
i am thinking of looking at another mower deck...i had a woods on my super a and got at least a season out of the belt, if not more. i think this 914 mower deck isnt right and am reluctant to pour money into it.