953B Rotary Cutter/TC33

/ 953B Rotary Cutter/TC33 #11  
Bradey, JimBinMI was right. Installation is quick and easy (at least on any I know of); just 3 or 4 nuts, bolts, and washers, but the purchase price is usually $100-$150 each and you want one on the front as well as the rear. I spent a lot of time, but made my own for about $30-$35 for both. I tried the belting material twice (seemed like a good idea) and promptly tore them up both times.

Bird

/ 953B Rotary Cutter/TC33 #12  
Gordon, I've never used the check chains, but it seems like a good idea if you don't have position control on your 3-point. My 1995 B7100 came with one chain on the left lower link and a notch on the tractor to put a link in so it would serve that purpose although, if I remember right, the manual only mentioned using the chain for transporting implements so they could accidentally lower.

As for using a chain for a top link, whew, I've read a lot of discussion about that (believe most of it on the CTB), but I've never done it; still just use my regular top link.

Bird

/ 953B Rotary Cutter/TC33 #13  
Bradey,

As long as the 953B has a category 1 3pt hitch it will work fine with your TC33. Like others have said the rated PTO hp is the maximum, they don't want you to have the ability to tear out the gear box with an overpowered tractor.

If you can, add the chains on the front and the back. I have used rotary cutters with and without chains and the safety factor is well worth the expense. Many times the chains will pay for themselves in just 1 saved tire puncture or damage from debris flying.

DaveV