A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #21  
What makes a BX mow so much better than a B?

Since I've owned both I feel I can fairly comment. The BX is simply more agile to zip around objects and trees. The BX also is available with a more economical engine, the 18 HP. You don't even need that much power to mow. If I was mowing a perfectly flat piece big lawn with the same mower deck the saving in fuel would be the advantage of the BX. If however the length of the lawn is significant having the cruise control on the B gives the B a point up in my books. If the lawn is rough and bumpy, like mine, the bigger wheels on the B make for a smoother ride. You just need to know what your situation is to pick the best one. They are both great.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference.
Since I've owned both I feel I can fairly comment. The BX is simply more agile to zip around objects and trees. The BX also is available with a more economical engine, the 18 HP. You don't even need that much power to mow. If I was mowing a perfectly flat piece big lawn with the same mower deck the saving in fuel would be the advantage of the BX. If however the length of the lawn is significant having the cruise control on the B gives the B a point up in my books. If the lawn is rough and bumpy, like mine, the bigger wheels on the B make for a smoother ride. You just need to know what your situation is to pick the best one. They are both great.
My BX has cruise control. They keep adding stuff to keep us traders trading.:)

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #23  
I hate to break it to you guys, but all Kubota makes is little tractors and equipment. So yeah, a BX ain't a B, a B ain't an L, etc. Go use a real loader, or a real excavator, or a real piece of machinery for any length of time and you quickly get an appreciation for the beauty of a small piece of equipment that does work efficiently. It sure is nice having that little itty bitty tractor that doesnt take up my whole barn and doesnt use any fuel and doesnt tear everything up as it moves.

I could start a post about how a BX25 or even an L45 ain't a Case 580 or 416 Cat, but thats pretty obvious I would think. All Kubotas are small baby pieces of equipment, I think its pretty silly to squabble about two machines so close to each other

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #24  
I could start a post about how a BX25 or even an L45 ain't a Case 580 or 416 Cat, but thats pretty obvious I would think. All Kubotas are small baby pieces of equipment, I think its pretty silly to squabble about two machines so close to each other

Well put!!

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #25  
S0me of the Kubotas get biggish -Does a Case 580c do that much more than an M59? I know a 580m or so will, but can never keep the case letters straight.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #26  
I hate to break it to you guys, but all Kubota makes is little tractors and equipment. So yeah, a BX ain't a B, a B ain't an L, etc. Go use a real loader, or a real excavator, or a real piece of machinery for any length of time and you quickly get an appreciation for the beauty of a small piece of equipment that does work efficiently. It sure is nice having that little itty bitty tractor that doesnt take up my whole barn and doesnt use any fuel and doesnt tear everything up as it moves.

You sure could start your own thread! But I think you missed the point of this thread!

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference.
You sure could start your own thread! But I think you missed the point of this thread!

I think he did to.
I also see no squabbling just info for buyers/traders to consider.
He could also go to Eastern Ky and see really real equipment that could haul his little stuff around.:)

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #28  
The battle of the B vs BX has been waged since the inception of the BX2200/BX22 back in 2000.

Interestingly, since it's inception the BX has been Kubota's biggest seller, at least it has been up to a yr or so ago.
When Kubota released the B series it's was also revolutionary. It came w/more bells & whistles yet still kept the looks and ruggedness of the smaller L's that started Kubota's rise to king of the compact tractor.

Either are excellent machines for their intended primary tasks and either are not bad for their secondary capabilities..... Interestingly the larger BX-XX sans the FEL & BH weighs in as much as the mid-sized B.....

I waged this very same battle back in 2004 and a rule of thumb I used back then is still applicable today. It breaks it down using the KISS principle and has been refered to by many, many times.

1) If finish mowing is primary and ground engagement/material handleing tasks are secondary, go w/the BX.
2) If ground engagement/material handleing tasks are primary and finish mowing is secondary, go w/the B.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #29  
Everyone's needs are different. I know sometimes I wish I had a larger tractor at time. I just got done moving about 200 tons of dirt with my BX 24. Several times my tractor picked up much more weight than was desired, so a wider longer tractor would have been nice.

As with what some of the other posters have said is that the BX can do anything is not 100% true. It can do most anything, but definitely in a smaller form. I know I would not want to dig a 200 foot ditch with the BH, but I would use it to dig a whole to plant a tree or something similar.

The BX could really use a better system for the BH. I have used a B series before, and it is definitely far superior for such work than the BX.

But in general, for a small machine it performs well, are there others that can do it better? Definitely.

/ A BX just isn't a B. You have to try it to know the difference. #30  
I think he did to.
I also see no squabbling just info for buyers/traders to consider.
He could also go to Eastern Ky and see really real equipment that could haul his little stuff around.:)

I would like to see some of this equipment that can haul a 988 or 345 Cat around, when do I get to go?