A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D
...I did however finally take off the mower deck last night....and I don't have to worry hooking it on a short stump..."

Be careful about that HST fan now that it's exposed.

Is this the fan?....if that is it the thing looks pretty well protected...It also looked like it has two fuel filters under the machine. One of the clear type, one incased.

0314141450_zps06482d6c.jpg

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #42  
Is this the fan?....if that is it the thing looks pretty well protected...It also looked like it has two fuel filters under the machine. One of the clear type, one incased.

View attachment 365221

That is the hst fan. They say sticks are attracted to it, and it doesn't take a very big one to shear off the blades. The clear canister is the first stage fuel filter. The metal canister which I believe is forward of the filter, I believe is the inline fuel pump. There should be a second stage fuel filter closer to the motor.

Still waiting to hear when mine will be delivered. Called BXpanded this morning, they thought dollies and hooks would ship today. Hoping everything, including the tractor, will be here by next Saturday.

That is the hst fan. They say sticks are attracted to it, and it doesn't take a very big one to shear off the blades. The clear canister is the first stage fuel filter. The metal canister which I believe is forward of the filter, I believe is the inline fuel pump. There should be a second stage fuel filter closer to the motor.

Still waiting to hear when mine will be delivered. Called BXpanded this morning, they thought dollies and hooks would ship today. Hoping everything, including the tractor, will be here by next Saturday.

Dollies and hooks? I have been thinking a couple of hooks would be very handy on the top edge of the bucket....but I really don't want to be drilling holes in a brand new machine.

I just ordered a ratchet rake...says it has shipped....70lbs! I can't wait for that to get here....I think it will be really handy.

A day in the life....and how days change....yesterday it was nice and 73f outside....last night...rain, falling temps, freezing rain and then....SNOW....it is currently 28F. First let me say....Mother nature you are a real (female dog)

We pulled out some more stumps and root systems yesterday. Had a pretty good day, but I was a little sore, so we did not stay out too much. Just enough to enjoy the day, and have a little fun.

All of these photos are of stumps....these are roots. You will get an idea on the size of the roots in some of the photos. Now the actual part that was above ground might be a stump about the size of your fist....that was the largest....but the roots and root system you will see are much larger. We could not even come close to getting all the roots out....would have just torn up the entire yard....and some of these the backhoe would not bust out. This is the first time the power really came to issue. I had to dig up a little more of the yard then I wanted....perhaps a larger backhoe and machine could have pulled these out.....I really don't know. It has been more then a few years that my neighbor had the real backhoe and I can't remember the roots in those trees stopping the machine from digging.....I also really don't remember the size.

Anyway on to the pics.

0315141516b_zps6e6c50ee.jpg
0315141516_zps710ae071.jpg
0315141510a_zpscf0346f5.jpg
0315141509a_zpsc3f72aac.jpg
0315141420a_zps7988a978.jpg
0315141401_zps1ae1e37e.jpg
0315141401c_zpsf2d4342c.jpg

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #45  

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 Ball #1.jpg
    Kubota BX25 Ball #1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 317
   / A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #46  
Dont drill. Weld. Weld a piece of angle on the top edge and the vertical section goes down and you weld it to the bucket body.. This give you the support you need to weld a hook on top.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #47  
Dollies and hooks? I have been thinking a couple of hooks would be very handy on the top edge of the bucket....but I really don't want to be drilling holes in a brand new machine.

I just ordered a ratchet rake...says it has shipped....70lbs! I can't wait for that to get here....I think it will be really handy.

Bxpanded Quick-on bucket hooks require no drilling. Dollies are for loader and backhoe.

/ A day in the life of a Kubota BX25D #48  

Don't drill or weld! BXpanded can help you with hooks and other things you'll need for your new projects. We can also help you take care of that fan.
Harry
BXpanded

Don't drill or weld! BXpanded can help you with hooks and other things you'll need for your new projects. We can also help you take care of that fan.
Harry
BXpanded

My wife has forbidden me from going to your site anymore ;)

I will just have to sneak in the future purchases....ahh no honey that was always there.

Good thing your parts come in orange :)

Another nice day....another day of play. As of now it has 19'ish hours on the machine and I am still having huge fun....if my wife is reading this...work...this is real hard work. I hope I did not violate tractor rule #1...always tell your wife a day on the tractor is hard work...but she is out with me so cat is out of the bag.

A new toy came today....Ratchet Rake. I still don't think I have down the best way to use this thing....I think it is one of those depends on what you are doing type of things. Sometimes it worked better to pull...others to push. But it does work pretty well. Much better then the bucket alone. It is HEAVY...came in at 70lbs according to the shipping info. It is pretty thick looks like mild steel of some form.

Started playing with it on part of the driveway....this works pretty well and makes the driveway look real nice and takes out the crown pretty quickly. I only did about 1/4 of the driveway as I wanted to test it out in the woods.

It pulled out saplings about the size of a quarter roots and all. I would run over them going forward...then backup back over them and out would come the little tree. The smaller saplings are actually more stubborn to get as they will fall between the grooves in the rake and pop right back up....but a pass or two pulls them out. All in all I was outside about 2hrs and did an area it would have taken 3 people a full weekend to do...working all day both sat. and sun. This thing I am thinking it will take a few months to do the tree line then I will have to keep doing it to keep it in check.

Some video and photos....if you watch the video tell me if this is hard on the machine. I use the bucket to lift the nose of the tractor then push forward or pull backward....puts more force on the rake and really pulls out the trees by the roots.

On to the video and photos.

just how the rake arrives
0320141434_zps2f5de5f5.jpg
0320141813b_zpsdd4d43ac.jpg
0320141814l_zps90790a6e.jpg